9

I let out an exhausted breath, my heart still thumping in my chest. Roman lays down beside me on the bed and runs his hand over my hair.

"Did you like that?" he asks. I nod my head. "Was it enough for you?"

"For now," I confirm. "I want more penetration. You need to fill me up some more."

"I'll keep that in mind for next time," he snickers. "If you've earned it."

"I will."

"We'll see about that."

I smirk proudly. I love teasing him. It's part of the fun. It's the easiest way to get punished, and that's what we both want. But I want something else more.

"I will," I insist. "It's been too long."

"You've missed it, huh?"

"So much."

"I bet you regret not taking me down to the wine cellar," he jokes, referring back to my first night home.

"I do, actually," I admit. "Who knows how much fun we could've had if I'd just given in sooner."

"See, I knew you couldn't resist me," he moves his fingers up and down, massaging my head. "This is what you want, though, isn't it? You're not just doing it because it's what I want?"

"Oh, no I want this. I definitely want this." I've wanted this for years now. "But Diego can't find out for a few more months. I don't want him to start drinking again."

"That's fine by me. That works well for me, actually."

"Why's that?" I glance up at him, noticing the certainty in his tone.

"That's more than enough time to convince you to be with me."

"I'm already with you."

"As more than fuck-buddies."

My heart drops down into my chest. We've spoken about this once before, but never again. It's always been unrealistic; just a fantasy. We knew it wasn't possible, so why dwell on it? We'd entertain each other when we could, but that's it. Every time one of us would bring it up, it would hurt. It's painful to even think about. Especially when we know it's what we both want.

"I don't know if that's a good idea," I respond.

"Why not? Isn't that what you wanted from the beginning?"

"No," I shift away from him, a teasing smirk on my face. "What made you think that?"

"I don't know. I just figured that was the end goal, you know?" he pulls his arm out from under me, not picking up on my humour.

"Oh, I see. You just assumed that's what I wanted."

"What? Val, no. That's not what I—."

"Because that's what all girls want, right?" I push, making sure he gets the joke. "We only want to be in serious relationships. We can't stand to keep things casual."

"You know that's not what I think," he smiles finally, but I keep going.

"Then what is it? You're Roman Sainte, so I must want to be with you. Girls are just falling at your feet, dying for just a moment of your attention."

"Well, you're not wrong, are you?" he chuckles, joining in on my humour. "Women love me."

"So I must too, right?"

"Of course. Why else would you be here? You never would've let me in if you didn't love me."

"Hey, I just wanted an orgasm," I joke. "You just happened to be the first person to offer."