Memories

Kartik and Naira did a lot of things to keep them busy during quarantine."Naira ,can you help me in arranging the book shelf ?he asked.She came and helped him."Kartik hold this ladder tightly otherwise i might fall"she said."I am gonna shake it ,then"he said."No Kartik"she said and laughed."I am feeling scared to come down"she said."Just come down ,carefully.I am standing here only ,Sherni"he said.She came down slowly and when she was about to land in the floor ,he carried her in his arms."Being a Sherni ,you shouldn't get scared for this ,be bold and brave"he said."Okay ,now let us arrange the books"she said.They arranged the books and some of his official paperworks also."Kittu ,is this you ?she asked as she saw the babyhood picture of him."Dont you dare see it"he said and tried to take it from her."Look at you ,i love this picture of yours wearing huggies diaper pants and looking so cute.By the way ,why is your face is like this ?she asked.He laughed at her and said"I love putting powder".She laughed at him."Its 1 pm ,shall we cook food ?he asked."Yes"she nodded."We will do pulav and brownie"he said."I don't know how to do it"she said."I'll help you"he said.Then ,they both went to the kitchen.He gave her instructions and she did them according to it."Kartik ,peel of the vegetables skin"she said."Naira ,by mistake i peeled the carrot itself"he said."What ?she asked and stared at him."Sorry ,i was distracted badly"he said and she laughed at him."Who distracted you ,Mendak ?she asked."One beautiful girl with pretty intense eyes distracted me.I think her name starts with N and end in A"he said and she blushed at him.Then ,they cooked food and ate.Naira showed her childhood photos to him and he became emotional."This picture was taken when i was five years old and my mom is here(showing or pointing out a person).I love her so much"she said.Kartik cried and hugged her."What happened to you ?she asked."I miss my mother Naira ,she is someone who loves me unconditionally and took care of me so much.I miss her so much today"he said.She held him tightly and kissed him on the forehead."Dont worry ,Soumya aunty is there with you always and she is blessing you everyday"she said."But still" there was a pause and he asked her "will you be like her ?"
She cried and kissed him all over the face."I will definitely be like her.You don't worry"she said and wiped his tears."I think she blessed me to find a girl like her and here you are ,my girl and mine only"he said and lied on her lap.