(15) buisness as usual

"Tim!" Fists clenched, you wake up. You sit up and put your head on your knees. Next to you, the sheets are rustling as Aaron rolls to his side. The light switch clicks. Able to see him now, you turn your head towards Aaron. He looks worried. Slowly, he scoots over to put his arms around you. You sigh at the heat of his naked skin engulfing you.

"Babe." He breaks the silence. "This is the third night in a row you woke up like that."

"I know." You sigh again.

"Are you dreaming about your abduction?"

"No. Well, yes. I dream of Tim."

He lets go of you to look you in the eyes: "Why do you keep calling him by his first name?"

"He..." You swallow hard because you know it will anger Aaron. "He was my friend."

Shocked, Aaron leans back: "Your friend!?"

"Don't raise your voice at me."

He clears his throat before telling you calmly: "Foyet wasn't your friend. He was your abductor."

"Yes, but..."

"No." He interrupts you. "I asked you to see a psychologist because I worried about you having Stockholm-Syndrome. You said you were fine. But you are clearly not."

You get out of bed: "I am fine!"

"Waking up every night yelling the name of the man who abducted you is not being fine!" Aaron gets out of bed as well.

"You're one to talk." You huff. "You did this for YEARS."

His mouth falls open, clearly hurt by your words.

"Shit." You rub your face. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Aaron takes a deep breath: "It's okay."

You shake your head: "No, it's shitty."

Slowly, he walks around the bed. You extend your arms, and he takes your hands, pulling you into his embrace. "I worry." He whispers.

You lean your forehead against his chest: "I know."

He presses kisses to your temple: "Come on. I'll make you coffee."

"Okay." You nod and follow him into the kitchen, groaning at the bright light he turns on.

Sitting up on the counter, you observe Aaron as he fixes you a cup of coffee. He's so lovely. You regret what you said. "I'm sorry." You repeat.

With a mug in hand, he walks over to you: "It's okay, really. I could have been a little more sensitive as well."

Taking a sip of the coffee, you thank him. You stare into the cup. Aaron gets one for him as well. It's quiet except the noises the coffee machine makes. You get up and walk to the living room. Something on Aaron's desk catches your eye.

"You have all my works?" You call.

He enters the room as well: "Yeah. I- I read them while...when we were working your case."

You swallow hard: "Oh." Running your fingers over the back of the books, you ask: "Did you like them?"

Aaron chuckles: "Of course."

Putting his arm around you, he tells you: "It almost killed me. You being gone, I mean. I swear I will-"

"Aaron. It wasn't your fault." You look up at him. He gives you a peck on the lips. "And it's not your job to protect me. I can look after myself. I made it out, didn't I?" You add.