Little Miss Perfect [Momojiro]

Based on the song "Little Miss Perfect" by Taylor Louderman [above]

Angst, High School AU

TW: Cursing

Momo Yaoyorozu was a model student. She had straight A's, did her work without skipping anything, was always on time, and was head of the student council. Her straight black hair was always pulled back in a pristine ponytail, her clothes were always school appropriate, ironed, and spotless. She was kind to everyone and never said a foul word unless she was extremely inspired by the topic.

Even though she was hated by practically no one besides those people who hated others who were 'just too nice', she didn't have many close friends. Her best friend was an unlikely match named Kyoka Jiro.

Jiro wasn't a bad influence, but she just wasn't the model student Yaoyorozu was. She wore ripped jeans, shirts that were baggy and had holes in them, a shit ton of eyeliner, and occasionally skipped classes with other friends. She was fiercely loyal to Yaoyorozu, though, and whenever people would approach her, specifically guys who wanted one thing and one thing only, Jiro was there to kick their asses and leave them to waddle back home.

Then, there were parties.

Yaoyorozu never blacked out at parties, not because she never drank, but because she never drank enough. Jiro drank more than Yaoyorozu did, but she wasn't as much of a light weight, so she could triple what Yaoyorozu drunk and still be practically sober.

One thing they both loved, however, was music. While Jiro's favorites were certain musicals and emo bands, Yaoyorozu chose to listen to Paul McCartney. They normally could be found sharing earbuds to listen to a new song they found outside on the benches after school.

---

Momo Yaoyorozu comes from a rich family. She is an only child, so therefore she was spoiled, though she doesn't quite act like it. She is very modest, and most of the time offers to pay for people's (especially Jiro's) lunches. Yaoyorozu constantly asks herself how she was blessed with such a life, but there was one thing that never really sat straight with her.

That thing was indeed the idea of being straight.

---

[Momo's POV]

"Hey, Yaomomo, did you do the homework last night?" One of Momo's classmates, Denki Kaminari, asked her as she was putting books away in her locker.

Momo gave a soft laugh, "Of course I did, Kaminari. Did you need help with it?"

Kaminari rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah...I don't know why math is so hard for me to grasp. I'm great at English, though!"

Momo smiled kindly, "I can help you with it after school."

"Yay! You're the best, Yaomomo!" Kaminari went to hug her, but at that moment a certain purple haired girl made her way down the halls and towards where the two were standing.

"Oh, Denki, how expected of you to be here. Again. Asking Momo for answers." Jiro smirked, the confident tilt of her head giving her an arrogant aura.

Kaminari stopped midway with his attempt at a hug, backing up a step. "O-oh, no, I wasn't asking for answers, per say—"

"Oh, you just 'need help' again? Mm, okay. When are you two studying? I'd like to join."

Momo, oblivious to Kaminari's spluttering, turned to her friend. "After school today. Would you like to meet in the library?"

Jiro rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "I wouldn't be able to get a ride home afterwards. Maybe we can get a raincheck?"