Chapter Ten

~Chapter Ten~

I could hear the main door opening; a cough came from the person who opened the door. I knew, my father had arrived home. I could hear my father running up the steps, I took a look at my phone, and it was only eleven in the morning, not the time for dad to come home yet. My bedroom door burst opened.

"Mabel, are you alright? I heard from your adoptive mother that she called back and she heard you having hard time breathing," he said as he sat on my bed with his eyes full of worry.

"I'm fine, dad. I took my medication." I said. There was silence.

"Whatever your adoptive mum told you just now, she called and told me. Why didn't you tell me that they came to you?"

"Sorry, dad. I was too shocked to talk about it that day. I was scared that if I said it, the fear would come back to me. Like what I did and what happened to me just now." I explained. I sighed. My dad hugged me.

"It's okay now. I've already gave them the money they wanted, they promised they won't come back to find us again anymore." he said as he stood up.

"I brought back your favourite meal, rice with seaweed soup. Come down to have your lunch later, I will be downstairs." he assured me as he gave a bright smile.

"Oh, before I forget. I've got some great news. Your adoptive mother would be coming back from UK this coming Friday." my father said with a big smile showing his straight and perfect teeth. I smiled back; I was excited and happy that I could finally see my adoptive mother after so many years.

That night, I took out my notebook where all my questions were written on. I stroked out the questions about the black dressed men and found out that only one question was left unanswered.

Why did Charles give me his family picture?