Asamoah

She wouldn't have to be hung as a ripe fruit had she turned around fifty minutes ago, rather than finding short cuts through all five road blocks. That saloon car she had tailed clearly knew what he was doing. Although unofficially opened, the only job to be done on the small bridge was cleaning up and it will seem the locals had committed themselves into completing the task.

"The irony of a party chairman caught up in their chain of a half truth!" How was she not fearful in that position?

The thirteen fifty-three darkness drew in more gloom with every bulb shattering by the cruel wind. She was sitting on a grenade in her car, waiting until it finally detonates. But for her extra raincoat in the vehicle, her current position could have been worse.

Gloria's optimistic nightmare was that the lightning struck trees somersaulting her station wagon over the bridge was going to be less impactful. She had one job! Time the wave on the deck properly as the followed vehicle had done and then arrive on the safe spot. Instead, her essential tremor decided to show up twice, shoving her close to the guardrail of the bridge, just in time for two of these enormous trees to come flying by.

"One, two-" another tree breaking her count, as well as disrupting the perfect plan. Her scream intersected under the rushing water.

She pulled out the raincoat from the back in time before painfully squeezing her body through the broken window. Because she was making her way to the top, her beautiful Kantanka Station Wagon begun sinking fast, the west tide also being less helpful. She fidgeted.

"Gloria put this thing on fast! No time!" She was only speaking up to get over her shivers. "Now where's that button?"

She fell flat immediately into the water after the raincoat had taken it's solid form. Now that she had found some kind of protection for her unborn child, she embarked on silent prayers that the tides land her at a proper destination, if not, this was it.

**********

"Is that PDs party chairperson?"

"Take this woman to the emergency unit."

"Poor woman. What must have happened to her?"

"Politics will always be an evil thing for the black man. So sad that these politicians are still at each other's throats despite how far we've come as a nation."

"The couple who had rushed her in claim to have found her floating on the lagoon. She must have been thrown from the upper stream."

"But who would leave a pregnant woman in her solid raincoat with purpose to kill? Maybe she had slipped from somewhere and had fallen into a gutter or something."

"And the gutter swept here all the way to our lagoon?! Come on, be realistic! Someone clearly wanted her dead. They just had to make it seem like an accident."

"I thought we were all asked to stay indoors because of today's terrible weather. So what was the business of those couple outside? They must be interrogated properly!"

"Such a cruel world!"

"I don't agree with the media breaking the news too. Her killer could still be out there."

"Killers, you mean."

"But really, what did she expect? If only she could find herself a husband all this could be avoided. She's so lonely it makes it easy for her to become a target."

"Doesn't she work with her baby father though?"

"Where did you get such information from?!"

"Obviously I'm not like you whose primary aim in life is to just exist. My mind, eyes and ears are open to every detail in this world."