Warning Flashes

Elijah POV

I wake up to a kid jumping on my stomach, my kid. Not the best way to wake up. He sits up on my torso and puts his hands on either side of my face.

"DAD! Wake up!" He hollers.

"What's the damage?" I groan breathlessly.

"I'm hungry and it's morning anyways!"

I groan even more.

"Maxy, it's too early for this." Alex sleepily says. I guess Max woke him up from his yelling.

Alex faces me and Max with his eyes barely open. He has worried himself to exhaustion over the past few days; especially the last couple of hours. He needs his rest.

"But papa, I can't go back to sleep." Max whines.

Alex's face scrunches up into a discouraged expression, as he lets out a big sigh.

"Let your papa rest, I'm getting up." I tell Max who wears a huge smile as he gets off me so I can get up.

I began to get up when I felt Alex grab my wrist.

"You don't have to, I can go instead." He says softly.

I lean down and give him a loving kiss on his cheek. "Get some rest papa bear, you deserve it."

This small action makes him smile as he mouths 'I love you' and goes back to sleep.

I finally get out of bed to meet up with the inpatient Max who is eager to go downstairs for some breakfast. "Hurry up dad!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I get to him by our door and place a hand on his head to rough up his hair. Max giggles as I open our door and we make our way downstairs. 

When we reach the bottom I see Denis sitting at the bar with a coffee. I pull Max closer to me a little, just in case.

"Morning...." I mutter

He quickly turns towards us, looking dead as ever. "Oh uhh h-hey. Morning." He stutters a little.

I walk with Max into the kitchen and pick him up to place him on the counter while I, myself, get a coffee. It really is too early for this, it's like 6:00. I also grabbed two bowls for some cereal.

"Yo Denis, where do you keep the cereal again?" I ask.

"Pantry." He points at the pantry.

I knew that.

I pick up Max and carry him to the pantry to pick out a cereal. He ended up grabbing the box of Captain Crunch, good choice. I bring him back to the counter and make us our cereal and we eat it right there.

"So uh," Denis tries to make conversation. "How'd y'all sleep?"

"Pretty good till this scamp decided to wake me up." I look at Max, who smiles innocently.

Denis smiles a sad smile.

"Uhh how'd you sleep Denis?" I asked.

"Oh ummm I- I didn't really sleep. T-too much in my mind I guess." He looks down into his coffee. "I'm glad y'all slept well though."

"... yeah..." it got a little awkward.

At that moment Ethan and Sub walk out of the basement with mugs in both of their hands. Ethans hand leaves Subs' waist as they come in view of us. 

"Uncle Ethan!! Uncle Sub!!!" Max yells as he set cereal down and jumps off the counter and runs to them to give them a hug.

Ethan quickly kneels down to get on Max's level and embraces him with a shocked but happy smile.

"Hey buddy, I didn't know you were coming over." Ethan says shooting me a confused look.

"Yeah, something happened over there so they sent him over." I rub the back of my neck and Ethan mouths 'Oh' and quickly dismisses it. He picks up Max with an overly dramatic grunt.

"Oh my god you're getting so big! Have you been eating your vegetables like I've told you?" Max smiles even more and nods his head with a short giggle.

Sub roughs Max's hair like I did earlier and gave him a small hug while he was still held up by Ethan. Sub then takes Ethans mug and walks over to put it in the sink while Ethan trails him to put Max back on the counter beside me. I glance over and see Denis looking at Sub, his eyes flash a deep back before disappearing. I know that look, and I'm not letting him ruin my brother's marriage.

I can't really do anything right now, but I'm gonna be on the lookout. I also need to talk to Denis, or more of so Devil, later today; I need to come up with a plan or make a deal or something because let's be real, no matter how hard we try, they will not leave. Too damn stubborn.

Speaking of stubborn people, my husband soon joined us. I guess he couldn't really get back to sleep. This time I set down my cereal and open my arms to embrace him cause I know he's too tired to really do anything, he walks into my embrace and hugs me with a relaxed sigh.

"Couldn't go back to sleep?" I asked but I already knew the answer.

He groans in response, meaning yes. He stays hugging me and I don't let go either cause why would I? I then look over and see Sub and Ethan playing and talking with Max, then I turn to Denis who's staring at Sub and Ethan. Watching how close Ethan is to Sub. He doesn't show it but jealousy is still written all over his face.

Sub then pulls Ethans arm and hugs his arm until Ethan pulls away from him. Ethan doesn't like showing their love around other people cause he thinks we will get uncomfortable, but now is not the time to be thinking that!! Now is the time to show everyone, Denis, what's yours!!

"Hey Ethan," I start. " You know you don't have to worry about people being uncomfortable around you two."

Ethan turns a little red, I guess he didn't think it was obvious what he was doing.

"Sorry," he places his arm around Sub's waist which Sub gladly leans into the touch. "Force of habit I guess."

"It's fine, just don't worry so much about it. We are all okay with it, right Denis?"

I turn to Denis who now looks a little angry and his dead staring at Ethans hand around Subs's body. His eyes flash black once again but this time you can see it better, it stayed for a moment longer.

"Denis?" I questioned.

He shakes himself out of it. "What? Oh ummm y-yeah. Sorry was... thinking."

No one seemed to get at what Denis was doing except me. Which is dumb as hell because I tried to warn them! But it's fine, everything's fine. I won't let him destroy what I have; and I know deep down he doesn't want to either. He doesn't want to hurt us, but he doesn't have control, at all; and those flashes of black are a warning showing he's slipping once again. I don't make the same mistake twice, and I sure as hell won't let Sub become another victim. So this is my warning.

Stay away from my family.

———————————————————————

Hey y'all, I'm back.

Hopefully I'll be able to put out more chapters. Also thank y'all for the support. My friend Dalton is doing good and is getting his face surgery Friday, also we are raising a lot of money for him.

#PainistemporaryDaltonisforever

There is a gofundme if you know anyone who can donate.

Anyways much love and byeeeee
-Gabbi