Eleven

"I trusted you, and look what happened ! What kind of an idiot does everything but forgets to write the name ?! "

"I said, I'm sorry ! You know, to make up for that, we could--"

Rin stopped Gou by holding his hand in front of her. Her face dropped a little. Looking at her, Rin sighed.

"I was waiting for hours at the station, Gou. I know you took a lot of trouble to make that cookie, but if we leave something in her locker again, she'll be sure it is from the same name-less creep who left the cookie. She wouldn't even care enough to open it !" said Rin, who was considerably calmer now.

Gou gave her brother the puppy-eyed look. Rin shook his head firmly. Gou gave up and pouted.

"Fine, whatever, you're right." she said.

Rin gave her a grin, showing all his pointy teeth. All because of a stupid dentist, he had ended up with those teeth. He knew it was a bad idea to visit the dentist. If only he had listened to his gut instinct and not gone...

"Do you know I almost got caught while placing it in her locker ?" said Gou.

"But you didn't." said Rin.

"Of course, I didn't." said Gou with her nose in the air.

"I need to go." said Rin, checking his watch. "Take care." Rin waved over his shoulder as he walked.

Rin had come to meet Gou at the cost of some of his swimming practice time. The captain didn't know of it, of course. Rin had not told him - not because he would not allow Rin to come, but because he would tag along too if he knew it was Gou Rin was going to meet. He had to make it back before the captain noticed him missing.

The cookie which (Name) had found in her locker was by Rin. He had gotten Gou to make it and place it in (Name)'s locker. But, as nothing is perfect, neither was what Gou gave (Name). She had forgotten the most important thing - the sender's name ! In her haste, she left it in (Name)'s locker without checking, because of which her poor brother was waiting hours for (Name) at the station.

Gou only realized her mistake when she and (Name) were talking earlier that morning and (Name) mentioned the incident. So Gou had immediately called her brother to meet her after school to apologize to him.

"You, too." said Gou. "And good luck with (Name) !"

Rin turned and stomped back to Gou with a face as red as a tomato. He pointed a finger right into her face.

"That isn't something you are supposed to be yelling !" he hissed. "If you do that again, I swear I will forget that you are my sister--"

"Oh, just chill, brother." said Gou, patting Rin's shoulder.

"That was supposed to be a secret between us ! You cannot yell it out in public !" said Rin.

Gou let out a small laugh. "It isn't as if anyone we know is going to pass by."

"Isn't that Rin-chan ? RIN-CHAN !! RIN-CHAN !!"

Rin looked around and saw Nagisa running towards them dragging Rei behind him. He had spotted them and knew that Rin had seen him too.

"Spoke too soon.." said Gou with a nervous laugh.

"..and I thought this couldn't get any more embarrassing." said Rin.

As Nagisa and Rei neared, people understood who this 'Rin-chan' Nagisa was calling out go was. Rin hung his head with embarrassment as he got weird looks from people who passed him.

"Rin-chan ! What a surprise meeting you here !" said Nagisa.

"Y-yeah.." said Rin.

He knew for a fact that Nagisa won't drop the '-chan' suffix no matter how much older they grew. So Rin did not bother asking him to.