Prologue

There was silence across the room. Nobody could find any words to speak, until Makoto spoke.

"So, you're Haru's cousin ?"

"Yeah."

The room went silent again. This time, Nagisa broke it.

"You'll be staying here for a while ? With Haru-chan ?"

"Yeah. For my remaining high-school years, at least."

Nanase (Name), Nanase Haruka's cousin, shifted in with him after her parents went over-seas for business. Their conscience wasn't letting them leave her behind alone, and she wasn't agreeing to come along with them, so the best option was to leave him with her cousin, Haruka.

"Which high-school are you attending ?" asked Rei.

"The same as Haru's."

(Name) also transferred to Haruka's high-school because attending the same high-school would make things easier for them.

"That's the same as ours too. Will you be a second year student too ?"

"Technically, yes. Since I'm the same age as Haru and I already finished my high-school first year back at my hometown."

"Let's get along well, then." said Makoto, and smiled.

"Nanase (Name) will be in your care for two years from now !" (Name) grinned and showed a peace sign.

Makoto smiled at (Name) and then looked at his childhood friend, Haruka, who had been quiet for a while now.

"Don't you have anything to say, Haru ?"

Haruka looked at Makoto with a grim expression on his face. Then he looked down at the empty water glasses kept on the table for filling them with water but never filled.

"I still can't believe she's here."