A memory

As the sky turned from the gentle blue of day to the crimson tones of twilight, you walked along the cold sands of the island's shore, the cold winds coming from Zan, making their presence known. You knew this road, deep within your heart, having walked it for countless times before, in memories buried in the darkest corners of her mind, now beginning to resurface. You wrapped your hands tightly around your body, a hollowness you hadn't noticed before screaming now at you.

Lomar had once been your home, this small island a gift from beings you once called parents and what awaited at the end of the this road, had been very dear to you in the days of your childhood. You've had friends here, children with which you used to play in the long hours of the day. You had a life.

"Do you remember," his voice echoed over the cries of the crashing waves, "when you were little and ran on this beach all day?"

You nodded, a smile tugging at your lips, tears streaming down your face.

"Yes. I do." you answered, the memories unfolding before your eyes. "One night," you began, looking down at the sand beneath your feet, "I sneaked out and came here to swim." a laughter escaped your lips, rising all the way to the dark moon, "It was so cold. Both the sea and the wind."

"I can imagine. This island may be farthest from Zan, but the winds still reach it." he spoke, and you could feel his gaze shifting towards the snow-covered planes of the region, west from the island.

"I nearly drowned." you continued with your tale, another chuckle escaping your lips. "I forgot I didn't know how to swim."

How typical of you. To go for a swim only to realize you didn't know how to.

"I remember that night. And the fright. You were always a handful." he commented, a soft scorn hiding in his tone.

"But at least I was never boring." you answered back, tongue in cheek.

"Hm. That's true." he replied, a phantom touch patting your head.

You smiled again, lifting your head to look ahead, the path having come to an end at last, your heart overflowing with joy at the sight. He stood by your side, a wide grin spreading upon his visage, one arm outstretched forward, the words he had wanted to say for a long time, finally able to roll off his tongue:

Welcome home.

A/N:

    Hey guys! So, I know it's kind of late, but I wanted to announce that I decided to try my hand at rewriting this series. Given as Silksong will not come out anytime in the near future, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try and make some changes to the story, fix some problems(or try at least), flesh out some characters more, etc. The new book is called Renaissance of Chaos and the first chapter is already out with the second to be published some time during this weekend, (hopefully), and the third is on the way.

So if you're bored and looking for something to read, give it a shot if you want.

And, that's all I had to say. Have a great night/day!