Chapter 14: Protective

I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking at.

Continuing down the path, we ran into a row of weirdness. There was a note, a table with a plate of frozen spaghetti on it, and a microwave.

Reading the note, it said, "HUMAN! PLEASE ENJOY THIS SPAGHETTI. (LITTLE DO YOU KNOW THIS SPAGHETTI IS A TRAP... DESIGNED TO ENTICE YOU! YOU'LL BE SO BUSY EATING IT... THAT YOU WON'T REALIZE THAT YOU AREN'T PROGRESSING! THOROUGHLY JAPED BE THE GREAT PAPYRUS! NYEH-HEH-HEH, PAPYRUS)"

Frisk tried to get the plate of noddle off the table, but it was so cold, it was stuck to the table instead. She then moved on to investigate a nearby mouse hole.

Looking at the microwave, it was unplugged (so it was of no use), and all of its settings said "spaghetti".

"Fantastic," I said, "the only thing keeping us from progressing is how much our time has been wasted."

Frisk, on the other hand, began pointing to empty space, but at this point, I think I knew what she was pointing at.

"Is it another star?" I asked her.

Frisk nodded, and held her hands out to the invisible star.

"Knowing the mouse might one day find a way to heat up the spaghetti... It fills you with determination!"

Frisk smiled, and I knew that our time wasn't wasted. Seeing her happy gave me a warm feeling in my Soul.

"So, tell me, do you know what the deal with that plate is?" I asked Frisk as we moved on.

Frisk nodded her head.

"Of course." This skeleton was one of the strangest monsters I've ever met, and that was saying something.

We passed by a sign that said "Warning: Dog Marriage", which didn't sound so bad, if you asked me. But I wasn't sure what it was supposed to mean. Looking back at the sign, I swore it then read "(yes, you read that correctly)".

Spikes impeded our pathway, so, had to find a switch. Luckily, the solution to where it was on a map on the ground, covered in snow that we had to brush off (which Frisk had way too much fun playing with). Once we could get past, we ran into a pair of monsters that would soon give an answer to what "Dog Marriage" meant?

They seemed to be more dogs monsters part of the Guard. One was a male dog with dark whisking on his chin, the other was a female. They both wore black hoods covering their faces, and they both held axes.

The two of them walked up to our sides, and began... sniffing us. At least they were dogs, so it wasn't too weird.

"What's that smell?" the male dog asked.

"Where's that smell?" the female added, in a smaller voice.

"If you're a smell..."

"...Identify yoursmellf!"

After their... joke, they prancing around while music played from out of nowhere. Once they stopped, they continued with us.

"Hm... Here's that weird smell..." the male said. "It makes me want to eliminate."

"...Eliminate YOU!" the female added.

The dogs stepped back, took their hoods off, and crossed their axes, ready to fight.

"...And you are?" I asked softly.

"Dogamy," the male dog answered.

"Dogaressa," the female replied.

"And we Dogi have assaulted you!" they said together.

"Now, don't touch my hot dog!" Dogamy said.