Erica

Well this is just lovely. I push Ben by his butt into the town car we drove in with. I shove a little harder; this man is heavy. At last all my weightlifting succeeds me and he's safely strapped into the car. I slide into the driver's side and start the engine, pondering my conversation with Zoe. I didn't really need to keep her captive because it was pretty obvious where she was going. The Cinco de Mayo parade of course. We are in San Jose, after all. I tap my fingers on the wheel as I half listen to the monotone voice with directions speak. I turn to Ben, who's still passed out, and wonder how many years of training he went through only to get zonked out by his own partner. I snigger, and pull into the Homewood Suites we're staying at. I search through my purse to find my lilac and vanilla perfume. I spray it on my wrist and wave it underneath his nose a few times. He jumps a little and then shakes off his sleepiness. 

"Morning! Everything that happened today was all a dream and we're back at spy camp because you're twelve--" I manage to say before he throws an empty Wendy's cup at me. "What was that for." he says, a little upset. "We couldn't have you snooping in on a conversation between gal pals. Besides, it was too loud to hear our conversation from where you were. Plus I recorded everything so that we can review it tonight,"

"Yeah. Like Netflix and listen, but it's like--you know a recording- so we're like listening-" 

"Just shut up,"

"Yeah, ok,"