Prologue

People think my dad is not my dad because he is white and I'm black but I'm not just black I'm black and white.

My mom is an African American meaning she is black and my dad is white and Italian and he is a firefighter my mom died when I was four leaving me with my dad.

I know people be like is that your dad I be like yes he my dad he on my birth certificate any how.

My name is Tayleah  Jekayln Kinney I'm 15 about to be sixteen my dad is Taylor Jack Kinney and he is a lieutenant of squad 4 of firehouse 52 here in Chicago.

My mom name is Aaliyah Watson but she passed away when I was three years old my grand parents adore me on my mom's side and my dad's side plus my mom's sister's who are my aunties they are also in my life and they are also the mother figures as well.

They don't push me away because I'm half black or half white they love me for who I am and I'm glad they do. 

I have three amazing friends Talia , Kira and Selene see Talia is black with spanish and Kira is black and white and last but not least Selene is black and white but her dad is Australian see all of my friends are mixed like me.

And we have been friends from diaper days like we hang out together and we always have each other back.

We all go to Chicago Prep Academy we do wear polo shirts and skirts and we can wear any color and we get to where any shoe once it isn't slippers.

Also if I get in trouble at school dad punishes me and makes me work at the firehouse and he embarrassed me.

Like he overprotective and then my friends their dads are my Godfathers at the firehouse like we all have the same Godfather who is Battalion Chief Eamonn Boden he all our daddy bosses and we love him he spoils us and talks to us whenever we get in trouble.

And then Kira and Miranda are so loving to us like they be there for us and they kinda can talk to us more about what women go through instead of my dad them.

Plus whenever my dad has to do a long shift I'm basically at the firehouse or at my grandparents house.

But since I'm old enough I be by the firehouse mainly me and my friends who are also my Godsisters.

******

You got to know Tayleah and you about to go with her on her journey. 

Where she is a firehouse baby and this book features the crew off chicago fire so yeah 

Comment and vote

Bye beauties

RayeSimone