'2'

Pragati was trying to free herself and finally managed to take out the plaster from her mouth.

As her hands were tied back she was trying to find something sharp in the room to cut the rope.Finally she found a table in a corner of the room.

She slowly crawled there and started to cut the rope with the help of sharpness at the edge of table.After 15 long mins and a cut on hand,she managed to free her hands.

Blood was oozing from her hand due to the cut.Then she freed her legs and tried to open the door.But it was locked.

Pragati-What to do now???I have to leave this place before he comes.But where will I go?? Hiding from him is impossible.Poori dhuniya mein jaha pe bhi chup jao,iss ke haath mein toh lag jaongi..But I have to give a try..Mein aisi chupi nahi baith sakthi.I have to do something.

She started searching a way out of the room.

Pragati-mai ne aisa bhi kya crime kiya iss ke saath ki yeh mujhse badla aisa le raha hai...(Her thoughts were interrupted by the click sound of opening of door.)

And there he came again...Pragati stood like  a statue seeing Raghbir at the door.

Raghbir-Ohho ..so....now..U r free...wowww...good job ah...waise free ho kar bhi kya karogi??hmmm??

He came upto her and took her wounded hand in his and caressed it.

Raghbir-ghar jana hai??apne dad ke pass??

Pragati-slightly nodded in a yes with fear while wiping her tears.

Raghbir-toh roka kisne hai?...jao na...jao..I won't stop u...u can go..

Raghbir gave way to her showing hand towards the entrance.
Though Pragati can't understand what he is upto,she just took small steps away from him and started to move from there.

Raghbir-vese jaate jaate na waha ek gift hai tumhare liye..dhekh kar jana.

Pragati looked at him confused and took the gift box kept on the table outside the room.

She opened it and there was a file in it.She was shocked by looking inside the file and looked at him with fear.

Raghbir-Ab jao na...apne dad ke pass..aur yeh file jayegi central govt board ke pass..

Pragati-yeh sab kya hai??Mera dad aisa kabhi nahi kar sakthe..Yeh apki he chaal hai...hai na..??aakhir chahthe kya hai aap??

She asked him with tears.

Raghbir-uff Pragati...so many questions at a time...aur tumhe lagtha hai ki mai tumhari sawalon ka jawaab dhoonga??How foolish Pragati...!!Let me tell u one thing...Ab tum decide karo ki tumhe kaha jana hai...andhar?? Ya baahar??

He pulled her by catching the wounded hand and started pressing it harder with a devilish face.

Raghbir-aur agar bahar he jana hai toh ....I think I don't need to explain the circumstances after that.Soch lo...

He squeezed her hand and she cried out of pain.He left the hand and walked away to his mini bar in the mansion.

He made a drink for himself and thought

Raghbir-Mai apni har ek promise ko nibhaunga Pragati.....jaise tum ne mere zindagi ki khushiya dhoor kiya na,theek waise hi mai bhi tumhari har ek khushi dhoor kar dhoonga...and that's a promise"

Pragati sat on the ground crying not knowing what to do...

Pragati-nahi..mai apni dad ki izzath ke saath nahi khel sakthi...yeh kuch bhi kar saktha hai..mujhe pehle yeh jaanna hai ki what he wants and what he is upto...

She sat there weeping and thinking about her dad.
_______________________________________