núll

"With radio, the listener absorbs everything

"With radio, the listener absorbs everything."
Bob Edwards

"Bob Edwards

AS TIME WENT BY, A PLETHORA OF WITNESSES PROCEEDED TO COME TO THE CULLENS' AIDE. Though the variety of backgrounds and the different eyes have been helpful, Carlisle still wasn't confident that the new faces would assist if they wanted to live. For the first time since he was created, Carlisle wasn't confident in his ability to protect his family and those who have come to their aid. The Cullen head could only think of the multitude of possibilities and the various outcomes. At this point, the only person he thought could help their situation besides Alice was most likely thousands of miles away in the tumultuous seas. If what he knows can be helpful, then that's the only way for Carlisle to guarantee everyone's safety.

Leaving the crowded living area of the Cullen residence, Carlisle hastily made his way up to his office. He had one way of communicating to the person he most needed and that was the dusty radio hidden beneath the hulking stack of books and documents. His golden eyes skimmed through the silent office before he stopped in his tracks at the sight of the stale gray radio. Carlisle rushed forward cleaning up the radio before setting up the desired channel he knew by heart. If his heart was still beating, it would have rapidly tried to escape his chest. He was desperate for this to work and truly hoped it would.

Carlisle pushed down the button and spoke into the radio. "Land to Sea. Over." Carlisle nervously waited by the response of those at the other end. "Land to Sea. Over."

It only took a few more moments before a rough voice came through the static. "This is Sea. Over." Relief flooded over Carlisle as a smile removed the seemingly permanent frown from his face.

"I'm in desperate need of help, Ragnar. Break." Carlisle took an unnecessary breath before continuing. "Please come to Forks. I need your knowledge. Over."

Static flooded the room before the mysterious man's voice came over the radio. "Anything for an old friend. We will meet in Port Angeles. Three days' time. Break. " The silence washed over again before the voice proceeded. "We shall see you soon, Carlisle. Over and out."

"Over and out," Carlisle whispered back into the microphone before shutting off the radio until further notice. The stress visibly removed itself from the old vampire's body as he practically threw himself into his office chair.

Head in his hands, a small knock echoed through the room grabbing his attention. His eyes peered through his marble fingers to see the soft smile and glowing eyes of his motherly mate. Esme brought herself out of the doorway of his workspace into the vicinity of the desk reaching her hand out to embrace Carlisle's.

"I'm assuming that more will be coming to help," Esme questioned having heard the conversation unintentionally through their superhuman hearing.

"Yes, my love. In three days' time, an old friend is coming to join us." Carlisle smiled at her perfect face before finishing his statement. "Hopefully he has the knowledge we need to make it out of this okay."

here's the start to something beautiful :,)