Three

A month had gone by since the start of term, and Fae was acing her classes. Her prefect duties were going well. Fae and Leonardo had become friends due to their shared late nights. Amelie insinuated it was something more, but Leonardo was just a friend. Fae woke up after a long night; after the first week, no one followed curfew. She got ready for the day ahead and headed to breakfast with Amelie. To her surprise, Professor Trelawney was waiting for her.

"Ms. Chang, dear, can you come to my classroom?" She asked. Fae said goodbye to Amelie and headed to the North Tower with the professor. When they got to the mystic classroom, which smelled like incense, Fae noticed James sitting in Professor Trelawney's office. "Mr. Potter, this is Ms. Chang. She will be your Divination tutor since you have yet to perform as well as needed." Fae didn't know what to think.

"Do I really need a tutor for this class? That's such shite," James complained.

"Don't say such things in my class, Mr. Potter!" Trelawney scolded him. Fae just sat there in silence while James was being yelled at. To be honest, she found it quite funny. "Now, Ms. Chang, I know you are a year below Mr. Potter, but you are very advanced and could pass your N.E.W.T.s this year, so I trust you. If Mr. Potter gives you any troubles, come straight to me." James just glared at the professor. "You are dismissed." The pair got up and left the office.

"Im, James." He held out his hand for her to shake, which she took.

"Im, Fae." She smiled up at him. "When are you available for tutoring?" She asked. She knew they would have to get the timing right because of their prefect duties.

"I don't have duty on Thursdays, and if I'm being honest, I have a D in this class, and my dad said if I don't get an A in all my courses, he's going to ask Headmaster McGonagall to cut me from the Gryffindor quidditch team. So could we also meet during the weekends?" Fae nodded her head in agreement.

"Do you want to meet after dinner around 7 in the library?" James agreed and went on his way. Fae returned to The Great Hall, told Amelie what happened, and ate her breakfast.

"Fae, this is your chance! Become his friend, and you can be together when he predictably falls in love with you!" To say the least, Amelie was happy for her friend.

After dinner on Thursday, Fae returned to the Hufflepuff common room for a little break before she headed off to the library to tutor James. She worked on some of her work, so James wouldn't ruin her grades like he did his. By Thursday, James had yet to progress on his Divination work. Fae suggested he start by reading the textbook, which he did not. 

"Hi," He smiled at her and led her to a table hidden behind a bookshelf, "Like our own personal study space." Fae couldn't help but smile; it wasn't her fault he was so charming.

"So, did you do the reading I suggested?" He just smiled; she assumed he didn't.

"Shouldn't we get to know each other? How can I be a good student if I don't even know you, Ms. Chang." Godric, he was perfect. "I love your accent, by the way. Are you Scottish?" She nodded her head. "Where in Scotland?"

"Outside of Linlithgow." James just looked confused. "It's okay. I don't expect you to know where that is."

"Don't you want to know about me now?" He asked with a sly look on his face.

"I practically know everything about you already," Her face turned red, and he laughed, "Not like that, but your whole life is plastered on every magazine and newspaper, but sure, tell me something you think I might not know."

"I'm the oldest of three and the son of The Chosen One," Fae just shook her head.

"You think I don't know that?"