Episode 4

Jennie's POV-

"Sorry we could not save the patient; he died before reaching the hospital." , the doctor said.

The words of the doctor struck me like an lightning. My entire world turned upside down, tears flowed like rivers down my eyes as I fell on the chair beside me.

He left. No, he did not only leave me, but left this world. I could not digest the fact that he had gone this far from me...

(What was he thinking while crossing the road?!)

I started crying more loudly as his face flashed before me, the sight of him being hit by the car haunted me every moment. I did not know what to do.....I somehow stumbled my way back to home trying to get a grip over myself.

My only good friend, my first-love, had left me and went far beyond my reach. At that moment, I wished I could talk it out to someone, for I felt miserable inside.

I hesitantly called my mom...but hanged the phone before someone could even pick it up.

I reached home, and went to shower, trying to understand what to do ahead. In the past few hours, there's so much that happened so I thought that going for a shower might help.

But again, his face...his smile.....the way he stared at me before the accident....IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!

HE RAN BECAUSE OF ME?!! I AM THE ONE TO BE BLAMED...

"Ahhhh! WHY?!!", I screamed as I threw the soap away, and slowly sat down in the tub, doing nothing....just crying and screaming every second I thought about him.

[after an hour]

I came out of the shower after an hour, still crying...trying to hold myself up.

I checked my phone and found a missed call from mom, as I viewed the call history, the phone rang again...

(it was mom...I have to be brave, yes! I will not cry...)

My fingers shakily swiped to answer the phone...

"Hello? Honey, are you alright? Is something wrong...you don't usually call unless you go through a hard ti..."

I did not even let her finish and burst into tears, I could not hold it back, no matter how hard I tried.

"I.....Mom.....Kai......accident...because, because of me! Wha...What do I- What Do I do??"

"Wait, what? What accident dear? Are you okay? and what about Kai??"

"I am okay....but Kai...acci- accident!"

"Dear, get a hold of yourself! Calm down, quickly go to the kitchen and drink a glass of water and wait a minute I will video call you......."

I went to the kitchen...trembling, I filled myself a glass of water and gulped it down, took some deep breathes and answered mom's video call.

"Now tell me, what happened?"

"Mom...I told Kai what I feel about him...."

"Hmmm...and?"

"He refused but wanted to remain friends....."

"Oh honey! Is that why you cryin' huh? My god! You scared me....it's okay, you will get over it sooo.."

(again, I did not let her finish)

"I was disappointed so I went to Hangang Bridge, a few  mins  later, I spot him standing on the road across me..He then ran towards me, but he never reached me, instead he went so far that it's impossible for me to....ahh!"

(my head hurt)

"What?"

"He died Mom! He Died! He met with an accident! Because of me....What do I do? Why don't you Understand?!" I screamed, and held my forehead using my hand as it hurt like it was going to burst anytime.

(Mom was definitely taken aback, but she gripped on herself and tried to talk to me...)

Mom tried her best to lift my mood up, she said it wasn't my fault, but only I knew how I felt...She wanted to rush here at my home at once, but I needed some time, to see things clearly, So I told her to come over the next day...

[At Night]

"Hey Jennie! Good Morning!" I heard Kai....

"How could you do this to me? I thought of you as a friend but I....ended up getting struck by a car because of YOU!....Look am bleeding!" I saw blood dripping down his head...
"No! It wasn't me! I did not do anything...."
"Yes YOU! YOU DID IT! LOOK....LOOK WHAT YOU DID....YOU KILLED ME!"
"AHHHH! NOOOOOOOO!" I screamed and jumped out of my bed...IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!

Once again, I started crying, I could hear Kai's Voices again and again, I cried even more when I thought  about the pain he must have gone through at the time of the accident...I was afraid now...I couldn't sleep the entire night.

I layed lazily on my bed , with all sorts of thought runnin' through my head...I had cried so much in the past few hours that my eyes were all swollen and tired of crying...I hear the bell ring..

"Mom!"
 I rush towards the door and hug her as soon as I open it..

(I saw dad standing right behind her, smiling slightly)

"Dad?"
"How's my baby doing?", dad replied.

I was surprised because dad usually stayed busy....anyway, It did make me happy and I smiled for the first time; past these few hours.

"Mom told me everything, I am sorry for whatever happened but it wasn't your fault...so please stop blaming yourself, Kai himself would want you to stop that," Dad said.

"But I can't stop thinking about it, I don't want to, but I keep hearing him, I see him suffering...all because of me, and how do I go to work, how do I pass through streets where we hanged out, laughing like idiots....I want to stop but I can't...I feel like I should be caging myself down...."

"Oh No Honey!" Mom exclaimed as she threw her arms around me...

"Don't be Like that...." she added.

"That's it! Jennie; I get it that you want to be independent...but I don't want you to be getting into depression like that....I want you to go to America!"

"What? Dad? America now, seriously? Dad someone died! No...Not Someone, I loved him! My love died all because of..."

"Not you! not because of you! and if you want to get over him then this is the only way....."

We argued for a long time, I was tired and at last gave up. I fell on the sofa, and sighed loudly.

"Good! Now, rest for sometime and pack for America, I will book a ticket for tomorrow"

I don't know why, but dad took pretty fast decisions when it comes to deciding on something, my parents decided to stay with me until I boarded the plane to America...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Drum rolls please!*
This is the beginning of new chapter in Jennie's Life!!🥳🥳

ENJOY!!