chapter 14

Ah it's the character we all hate. Lets continue.

By the way I know her dolls name isn't Michelle. I can't be bothered changing it now though, I'm sorry I'm lazy.

Moving here? "W-what" I couldn't believe it- no. I didn't want to believe it. The thought of her coming back into my life could send me back down into that spiral of depression I have been trying so hard to get out of.
"Luce" Natsu took me into his chest. He could read my mind. These useless, motionless voices. He knew them all. "Let it out" were the three simple words which let the flood gates burst. Those waterfall streams produced from my owlish eyes. I wanted to scream for help, a safety net. I was a selfish brat running away from her fears. I wasn't ready to face them yet. Not yet. Not her. "Here" he spoke again making me stop. His scarf was taken off of his neck. I stared at him with my mascara smudged face as he wrapped it around me. "I will let you borrow it" he told me kissing my forehead. His lips were alien like, filled with a different emotion. Fear? I wasn't sure. "Come" he took my hand. "I will walk you home" I let myself smile slightly as I accepted his offer. I just wanted to peace. I wanted to sleep.

Lying on my bed I was awake. My phone lay next to me, buzzing from a group conversation between erza, levy, Mira, Jenny, Juvia, and I. I hadn't checked it in an hour. Jenny and Mira seemed to be getting along well which I was happy about. The only problem was Kani. Clinging to Michelle I rolled on my side to face the wall. It was slightly more decorated with pictures, posters and cute things I have picked up. However it is mostly memories I have made. It was an idea by Doran. He said if I collect the many positive thing here when I'm down in the dumps I can remind myself of all these times when the world wasn't against me. I smirked looking at the bracelet which Juvia had given me for helping her. It had a weird ghost like thing on it. There was also a photo from when we went out to that cafe, where I met Milliana for the first time. Oh and many selfies of Natsu and I. I looked over to his scarf which had been folded up and lay on the back of my chair next to my dresser. Letting go of Michelle I got up and went over to it. It was made of such soft material, even though different parts of it felt different because of all of the times it had gotten damaged. I smelt it. It smelled of him, a burning fire in the winter, that smell. It was crisp and warmed my heart. I knew I couldn't keep it but I wanted to never let go of it. Like I never wanted to let go of him. I wrapped it around me again. I left it there as I heard the door open. They were home.

I was about to greet them when I heard her. "H-he said th-that he-he had already moved on!" She wept. It was Hanako.
"Come on in, Jude can you make us some tea and tell Lucy we are home" my father obeyed and went into the kitchen. "Hanako sit up we will get you through this" I heard her say as the door was closed.
"Lucy!" My father called
"Yes?" I emerged from the shadows.
"Just to let you know we are home"
"Alright tha-" at the moment I stopped. I thought I saw something in my father. He looked weak, Ill. He was paler. "F-father are you okay?" He seemed hesitant
"Y-yes why?"
"It's just you look ill" I was being civilized to him for once.
"I'm perfectly fine! Don't you have homework or something?!" He snapped. I held onto part of Natsu's scarf as I apologised.
"No I'm sorry." I was stunned.
"I am just tired" he explained heading back into the kitchen. What was happening to him?

At dinner Hanako had turned back into herself. Boasting about everything. "Anyways Sakura and I-" I never took his scarf off. I loved its smell.
"Say Lucy who's scarf is that?" Shiori asked diverting the attention to me.
"Na-Natsu's" a saw her 'aw' as Hanako commented
"He does always wear that. How is Natsu?" She asked all of a sudden very interested in someone else's life.
"Fine" I bluntly said nearly adding "still taken" on to the end.
"Oh really! That's great! Anyways then Joso-" she moved on fast. Annoying twat.

The next morning I was early. I had Natsu's scarf with me. I had washed it last night. I smelt it again. His sent was still there. Irreplaceable. "Luce!" I heard him call. I turned to see the Dragneel's running towards me.
"Morning, here" I handed him it "I washed it by the way." I added
"you didn't have to" he smelt it. "Vanilla and strawberries~"
"Not that again!" Gajeel complained
"I'm sorry?" I was confused.
"Natsu thinks you smell of vanilla and strawberries which just so happens to be his favourite smell" I saw the pinkette's face turn red. I giggled at him.
"It's true!" Wendy added. He could be so cute.
"Oh well so I like how my girl friend smells. What is wrong with that? Gajeel you like shrimps right?"
"Course I do they are my favourite-" he stopped in his sentence realising what he said. "I-I mean-"
"He liiiiiikes levy!" We teased.
"Shut up that's different!" He snarled at his shoving his ear phones in his ears and turning away. I could see the red on top of his ears though. They were both cute. It was about time I got Mira to get them together.