The Girl With The Mark

It started off a normal day. I was walking home from work when a girl I've never seen before caught my eye. She wore a hoodie with some band on it and her hair was a brown colour. I approached her and saw she had eyes that were green with brown streaks through the middle and a blue rim. She was much different from most girls around here. "Hello, I'm Troy" she gave me a shy smile and said "I'm Stephanie" something about her voice and smile warmed my heart. My bus pulled up and I told her "This is where I go. I hope to be seeing you around" she gave me that smile again. I got on the bus and when I looked at the window she seemed to have... Disappeared
The next day I saw her again. But this time she wore a T-shirt and had her arms crossed. "You cold there?" A bright smile came upon her face and she said "No, I was hoping to see you again" her arms dropped and I spotted a circle with an X through it on her wrist. "What's that?" She self-consciously crossed arms once again and looked up at me. "Oh, it's nothing" I thought she was uncomfortable and drop the subject. "Ok, so where are you off to?" She looked up at me with sad eyes. "I'm not sure. Probably just back home after a walk" I saw the sorrow in her eyes but decided not to ask and just hugged her. She nestled into me and I didn't want to leave her. I pulled out my phone and handed it to her. "Put your number in" she did so and looked up at me. I once again wrapped my arms around her. The bus came once again and we parted ways.
I spent the next few weeks with her. But that mark on her wrist was always there. Like a tattoo. Is bothered me a bit so I eventually looked it up. "Circle with a X through it" the results all mentioned something called... A proxy. I looked at one of the articles and it said that whoever displays this marking has been marked as a proxy in Slenderman's proxy. I've heard of Slenderman. He's a type of Creepypasta. I thought about her. Recently I've found that I have been falling in love with her. I put it out of my mind for I did not want to imagine my love as a killer.
About a week later people started coming up missing. I walked to the street I always saw Stephanie and there she was. Sitting on a bench. "Hey are you ok?" She leaned into me and didn't speak. I kissed her head. "Would you like me to take you home?" I've never really been to her house before. She nodded and then said in a weak voice "Just please don't think of me less" I must admit this spooked me some but I promised her I wouldn't. She led me to an abandoned house. At least I thought it was abandoned. "This is my home... I can't stay anywhere else because I don't have anything" I looked at the woman I loved and realised what she was going through. She was alone. I was all she had. "Would you like to stay with me?" She hugged me tight and said yes. She came out with a small bag full of whatever she owned and we left.
One night I woke up and Stephanie was not laying in the bed with me. I got up and searched the house and could still not find her. I laid down trying to sleep when our window opened. I looked over and saw Stephanie. Covered in blood. "I'm sorry Troy... Slender made me this way... It's all I know..." She collapsed crying. I rushed to my now girlfriends side. "Stephanie I don't care. I love you and what you are does not matter to me, I love you!" She looked at me. Her eyes red and puffy from crying and her hands still clutching both knives. She kissed me softly and said "I love you too Troy"
I ended up marrying her. We had to run together for she never did stop killing. I got used to this life and soon joined in on the fun. Honestly if I could go back I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't want anyone else to be my wife than the girl with the mark.