𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝟬𝟬𝟭. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹

❝ 𝗂 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖺𝗀𝗂𝖼, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗂 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎

━━━━ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄 of person to believe in myths and magic, not like she could even if she wanted to. Though, she did find it quite fascinating. So when her best friend, James, told her about the infamous enchantress, Cordelia Lockwood, cursing Khione because of some petty argument she had with the monarchs, she just looked at him and laughed, then carried on with her daily chores. 

"𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒, 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 this apple is as red as the blood of an Erlking?" the brunette asked as she polished the apple against her clothes and held it out to James. He gave her an expression between the emotions of surprise and confusion. "My mother." She answered the expression he gave. "Evie, you say you don't believe in mystical creatures but you have a witch living under the same roof as you." he replied. Evelyn stared at him then rolled her eyes, "Whatever, i don't even know what an Erlking looks like let alone its blood." She said while going back to her groceries. "Oh Evie, you work yourself too hard, and for a girl that doesn't believe in magic you take things far too literally," James sighed, "She obviously meant find the reddest apples because they're the juiciest." She turned to face James and eyed him, checking if there was any hint of malice in his voice. But there wasn't, just pity. She sighed then shrugged, "The existence of magic is like the existence of dinosaurs." James looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "But dinosaurs don't-" he began. "Exactly." She interrupted. 

𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐎 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 did believe in magic. And he definitely did not laugh when he came to know about the notorious enchantress that cursed all. Mainly because he was a magical being himself and also because this very enchantress was standing right in front of him. Clearly, he hadn't been given the choice to disbelieve in magic, or to laugh. Because a laugh could very much mean his death.