ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵: She's an Unstoppable Force

𝐿𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓁𝒻 𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝒶𝒻𝑒

♚♛

Loki leant against a tree, listening to the calming voice of his soulmate through all the noise the compound provided.

She was alone in her room, strumming a guitar and humming softly, the odd Sokovian word here and there. Loki could sit in the dark forest for hours and listen to her.

He reached to the chain on his neck holding her ring, twisting it whilst debating whether to call out to her mind.

Only it wasn't there.

Instead, his hand was met with a larger, circular piece of metal. His Medallion. For a second he wondered how he could be so foolish. Soulmate magic dictated that any object he'd received from his soulmate would return to him once she was in his vicinity.

If she noticed she had the ring back, or she no longer had the medallion, she would know he was nearby.

For a second, he wondered if that was such a bad idea, it would force him to see her. If he didn't take this opportunity to see her, there was a chance he would never pluck up the courage again.

The sound of thunder rumbling in the sky brought him out of his thoughts. The slight panic he was previously feeling evaporated, he knew the minute he lifted the cloaking spell that Thor wouldn't be far behind him. Perhaps the commotion the God of Thunder would cause might draw Wanda outside.

Behind Loki, a bright burst of light dropped from the heavens, lighting up the previously dour woods. A smirk fell onto his face, his brother was no doubt angry and his anger was always his downfall. He was so blinded by his own rage, resorting to violence to sort out his messes when simple diplomacy could solve more problems than it creates. Even Loki and his sharp tongue knew when to fold; Thor did not have this ability.

It was a lack of ability that Loki was planning to exploit.

*

Wanda sat in her room, guitar in her lap and soft lullabies escaping her lips. A splitting headache had tore through her mind earlier that day and being around the loud Avengers was not doing her any favours.

She could faintly feel her twin racing around the compound, something about spiders racing through his mind. She didn't worry too much about what was bothering him when he was ready, but with his recent thoughts she had her theories already.

The second blinding flash of light in a handful of days distracted her from her silence. The Bifrost opening, this time further out in the woods.

She recalled earlier in the day that someone had called for FRIDAY to tint the windows darker for a 'movie morning'. When she'd walked through the common room earlier they were still dark. It was doubtful anyone in there had seen the colourful blast and therefore doubtful anyone would go outside to investigate.

Wanda lifted her hand to tug at the medallion chain around her neck nervously, a habit she'd picked up not long after she had found it.

But it wasn't there.

Instead she was greeted with something cold touching her neck, a ring.

Her mothers ring.

It took longer than she'd like to admit to process the information. Five long minutes she sat there, pondering what had happened. Noting that her soulmate must be nearby but the information fully sinking in until her brother burst into her room.