Parting Roses

Remnant a place of creatures of darkness called grim and to combat that threat is huntsmen and huntresses each armed with a weapon an aura a physical version of there soul to protect them and heal them and use there semblance a personal superpower related to the person but like all places there are legends like the silver eyes capable of either vaporizing or freezing beings with no soul. 

A small family of five was saying good bye to Summer Rose mother to Ruby and Y/N and stepmother to Yang.

Yang: do you really have to go mum

Summer: yes Yang I do so be a big girl and look after your sisters Y/N and Ruby ok 

Yang nods as Ruby hugs Summer crying.

Ruby: don't go mum please stay

Y/N: yeah I don't want you to go please stay

Summer: sorry but I have to since only I can do this mission so don't worry about me I'll be back

Then your dad Tai hugged Summer causing you, Ruby and Yang to all be in the hug as Ruby giggled a bit as Summer started to tickled the three of you as Tai held you all in place witch caused you all to laugh a bit at the atmosphere even if you were saying good bye you knew it wouldn't be for long till you all saw each other again. Right.

- One week later -

A week after Summer left and you and Ruby were playing in her room with a couple of toys as Yang was watching as you tried to get her to join but every time she would join you and Ruby would do things with her hair just to annoy her witch you both found funny. 

*Knock*

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

The sound of the door being knocked caught the attention of everyone in the house as Tai went over and opened the door to see a postman as you, Ruby and Yang poked your head round the bottom of the flit of stairs.

Postman: hello are you Tai Xiao Long

The postman asked with a hidden sadness in his voice.

Tai: yeah that's me what is it

Postman: well I'm here to give you this

The postman hands Tai a white letter and just looking at it Tai knows what it is as he takes a deep breath before asking.

Tai: is thi-

Postman: yeah it is I'm sorry for your lose 

Tai now has tears in his eyes looks the man that gave him the latter dead in the eyes before speaking.

Tai: I feel sorry for you 

The postman looks at him confused before Tai continues.

Tai: you have to give families this news and for that I feel sorry about it god how am I going to them there mother won't be coming home

*gasp*

At the sound of that everyone looks at Ruby as she reveals that you, her and Yang have all been listening.

Postman: well you don't have to tell them any more 

Tai: I think you better go

Postman: that would be a good idea

He leaves as Tai closes the door to see you and Yang crying since you understood what happened as Ruby was trying to help you out. Tai them walked over infront of you three with sadness within his eyes.