January Embers

'Your Hair is Winter Fire
January Embers
My Heart Burns There Too. . .'
~It, Stephen King

Gellert Grindelwald sat alone in his room. . . .

He closed his eyes, wondering. He hated the Scamander boy, ruining his plans. What made Albus Dumbledore so fond of the Scamander boy? He always wondered ever since he came to know how Albus stood up for him.

He sighed.

He stood up and walked to his desk. From the shack of books, he pulled out an old book. A photo fell out as he opened the book. A photo he kept near his heart. The photo was of two teens, of himself and Albus. He observed the picture. This was a special one. Both of them were sitting underneath their favourite oak tree, laughing about something that he does not remember. Albus was seated between his leg resting majority of his weight in his chest. The book he was reading, open next to him. Gellert had his hands around Albus' shoulders. He was laughing along with him.

The memories always haunted him. . .

He flipped the picture. He recognised his own sloppy handwriting. He recognised the small poetry he had written for Albus

"Your hair is winter fire-"

Gellert Grindelwald never thought he would find love. He watched as Albus' laught at one of his jokes. His Auburn hair falling freely in his shoulder, looking like fire under the warm sunlight. The fire that thawed his frozen heart. His eyes were shining so brightly, putting the stars in shame. His laughter, a melody to his broken heart. His soft red freckles scattered around his gorgeous face. All in all, Albus was perfect in his eyes. Brave, intelligent, kind, understanding, powerful. . . Everything he ever wanted. . .

"-January Embers-"

Gellert Grindelwald never though he could ever love. He never imagined of feeling this strange emotion in his life. He felt happiness, he felt complete. He saw the fire in Albus' ocean blue eyes that set his heart on fire. Those ocean blue eyes, deeper than ocean. He never understood this feeling, the feeling of warmth, the feeling of happiness and. . . The sense of belonging, when he was with Albus.

"-My heart burns there too. . ."

Gellert Grindelwald never thought he would fall in love. Love was for fools, he believed. And he vowed to himself he would never be weak. Yet he is here, falling harder and harder for a certain Auburn haired blue eyed boy. Yet he was there staring at him and smiling like an idiot.

All of that was not suppose to end like that. Never. . . He never meant to hurt him, he never wanted to hurt him. He still remember that dreadful day when they parted. Ariana was lying on the floor, her usually bright eyes were lifeless. He've never been to scared in his life, too terrified. Albus' eyes. . . Those eyes were filled with betrayal and pain. . . . His heart was crushed and broken into peaces the moment he looked into those eyes. He knew, Albus wouldn't want to see him or atleast he thought he knew. He thought Albus hates him.

Albus Dumbledore, the boy with the most contagious smile and beautiful eyes. The boy who managed to get him off gaurd. The boy who showed him how to love,a boy who accepted him for his ups and downs, his first Love. . .

The spark that set his heart on fire. . .

The fire that melted his frozen heart. . .

The cure to his broken world. . .

His winter fire. . .

Albus was, and will always be the fire to his frozen heart. . .

And without Albus, his heart was cold, colder than ice