Chapter 20 - Doctor's Office

Alejandro Ricci

I rush out of the house and into my car. On my way to the doctor's office I just think about how Sebastian could think I would betray him. I would never betray my family. At least Isabella believed me. My sister. I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

I pick up after seeing the caller id. "Hey babe." I say gently. She keeps me sane. "Are you on your way? We are about to start in like 20 minutes." She says. "Yea. I'm in my car right now. How are you though? I don't want you to stress or anything." I ask concerned.

She laughs her angel-like laugh. "I'm fine Ale. It's just surgery. I will be fine. Plus you said for me to get the best doctors when I said I was fine with the regular ones. You made the guy push my surgery up because you didn't want to wait. I think you're more stressed than me."

"I just want you to be okay." I say sighing. "Ale it's not that serious. omg ti preoccupi troppo (omg you worry too much)" She  says.

"Fine. I'm almost there. Ok?"

"Ok Ale. Be safe."

"I will. Love you."

"Ok. Love you too. Bye."

Then she hangs up. I love her. I never really believed in love until her. I don't care if I said anything about love before. I knew Gio and Seb would probably do a whole background check on her but when we became friends I already did that and she's clean.

I park my car and run into the building. "Excuse me sir. Where is Violet Garcia?" I say to the weird looking man who looks offended. "First, I'm woman and who are you to her?" She says. "Sorry ma'am  and she's my girlfriend." I say checking the time.

"She's in room 379 on the 3rd floor. You have about 10 minutes before she goes into surgery. I hope it goes well." She says giving me a genuine smile. I thank her and use the stairs instead of the elevator and run to her room.

371, 373, 375, 377, 379. Room 379. I knock and enter. I smile as soon as I see her. "Hey babe. You made it in time." She says pulling me into a kiss. "Hey Vi. How are you doing?" I say once we pull away.

"Honestly, Ale I'm fine. Stop stressing." She says laughing. I sit in one of the chairs and pull her down on my lap. "Vi. I want you to meet my family after. I already met yours and your brother is kinda cool." I say. They now know about her existence and I want Isabella to meet her.

"Are you sure?" She asks. "Well just my sisters. Alana and Isabella. They know about you. Well Isabella does." I tell her leaving out Maria. It makes me uneasy. She likes me but I see her as a sister. I only stuttered because I didn't want to hurt her and say I have a girlfriend.

"They can come to my apartment." She says then examines my face. "You look uneasy. What's wrong? Is it about the surgery?" She asks putting her hand on my cheek.

I can't lie to her. I can't bring myself to. "Alana and Isabella. Also my best friend Sebastian. So he has a little sister who is my sisters' best friend Maria. Maria likes me. She admitted it in front of everyone earlier today." I watch Vi's face drop.

"But I don't see her as nothing more than a sister because I knew her my whole life and it was awkward. Then before I left something happened and I told them I had a girlfriend and she was upset but I just left to come here. And I think Seb is mad because he is protective." I tell her in one breath.

"Oh ok. So does that mean your sisters won't like me because their best friend crush has a girlfriend who is me?" She says. No. I didn't want her to get mad.

"Isabella won't I don't really know about Alana. She will be- I don't know at first but she'll get over it. But I will stop her if she makes you uncomfortable." I say honestly.