Chapter Two

"You're..the boy on the news?"I was shocked, What the hell. 

The boy lost his grin, "So you have heard of me?". I looked off into the distance, shaking my head. "Are you serious?"I asked pushing my hand on the ground to help me up. "What?"he asked obliviously standing up after me. "People are looking for you. You realize that, right?"I became more frustrated than shocked. He shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing, while walking towards a pile of large rocks, picking a little one up.

I crossed my arms furiously, "So you're just going missing for the attention?". He looked back over at me, "No, not exactly." taking a step back and throwing the small rock into the water. "Then why are you?"I asked. 

"Because."he responded simply, picking up another rock.

"That's not an answer."I started scraping the sand with my toes.

"Does everything have to have an answer?"he asked back.

"Well, for someone to go missing out of the blue to just end up being fine. I mean, here you are in shorts walking the beach with not a care in the world. There are FBI agents and police scoping the US looking for some stupid boy,"I was continuing my sentence, when he began walking over. 

"Some stupid boy?"he repeated, his eyebrows raised with a smirk. "Stupid boy, who's playing the victim of-"I continued, "Oh? I'm not the one drowning in the ocean, babe."he stood a few inches away from me, looking down. I stepped back, defending my ground. "I knew what I was doing,".

"And your surfboard?"he asked. I turned 360 degrees, running past him to look along the shoreline. He called out from behind me, "Is right there." I glanced back, his finger pointing to my board leaning against a rock. 

I bit my lip, tapping my hand on my right thigh. "Alright.."I paused, "Okay.". I walked back up towards him, "Look here smart ass. I don't want anything to do with you-"I scanned him head to toe, "Any..part of you."

Cameron laughed it off, "Hey,hey,hey..take it easy,". "Do they call you soul surfer around here?", he teased poking my arm, "Minus the shark attack."

I turned around frustrated, "If you're trying to be cute, it's not working.."

"How often do you come around here, Soul Surfer?"he asked, "Enough times that you don't remember me,"I snapped back. 

"Sorry,"Cameron laid a hand on his chest, "I don't usually rescue damsels in distress." I shook my head, "You know what? Let's just stop,"I resumed walking to pick up my surfboard. 

"Where are you going?"his voice was curious, but with a hint of concern. I ignored him, feeling the sand stick to my legs as I walked. "Hey, no wait!"Cameron yelled, running in front of me. "You can't tell anyone, no one."

"What? That you're faking going missing. Or are you just doing this as a publicy act?"I asked.

"Yes,"he said unsure, and held his arms out again when I tried moving around him. "I mean, no. Not entirely.."

"Look,"the boy sighed, "You're the first person I've talked to since, I went 'missing' "he empathized missing. I bit my lip taking another scan from head to toe. He didn't look starved, a couple weeks not shaved, and looked like he was in great condition. Who am I kidding..he's famous. Not homeless, snap out of it. 

"What are you saying?"I asked.

Cameron took a few steps back, his smile faded. "I need you, to not tell anyone about me."

I picked up my board, nodding. "I don't know you,"he looked up. "Frankly, I don't even want too."I hesitated, "Between you and me, we don't know each other. That's that." I continued my way up to the beach. 

Cameron was quiet. Shocked? Angry? Sad? Confused? Or maybe that's what I was feeling at the moment. But really? Just as I was leaving, he yelled. 

"What's your name?"

The sun was appearing and disappearing from the clouds above. I turned around looking at him. This arrogant, brown haired, missing person calling out to me.

I let out a small chuckle, "Riley". 

 Author's Note//

Hey guys! This chapter only took me since November to write. No big deal. xD 
YOU CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH OF A WRITERS BLOCK I'VE HAD. GOOD GOSH! It's actually spring break, and so much has happened in life. I mean, I just looked back at everyone telling me to keep writing. The Trailer has 4k views, and I am so thankful. You're really what gets everything off my mind. I'm so pumped on being more frequent, especially with Nerd In The Bakery as well. (:

I hope everyone is doing well. <3

Yours Truely,
Writinghearts