Chapter Five

Riley's POV-

It all happened so fast. Within seconds Cameron had lunged out to Abby and was inches away from the car that came to a stop. You could hear the driver honking and screaming out of their car, zooming away once they hit the side walk.

"Why would you do that??"I took her shoulders, hugging her tight. She only shrugged in response, being to pout again. "Thank yo--"I stood up, and he was gone.

"Who was that?"Abigail asked me as I circled around.

"I don't know."I lied.

"Let's go.."I said glancing over to the shop we came out of, people staring through the window glass. On the way home, Abby was silent. Yet, I now owe my thanks to him. The only question really going through my head was, where did he go? Sounds like such a silly questions to ask, when he is a runaway. What was the real reason he was a runaway?

We finally arrived home, Abby slammed the car door and ran towards the house. She took the spare key from under the mat and unlocked it herself. I sighed, grabbing my bag following slowly after her. I shut the door,and climbed up the stairs.

"Let's see.."I sat at my desk, opening the laptop screen tapping the tab a couple times. "Where do you even begin..?". A couple minutes passed by still looking at the blank Google search bar. I typed in 'Cameron Dallas', seemed simple enough. The first articles came from media stations all over the country. Headlines such as, "Eighteen Year Old Still Missing", "The Search Continues for Cameron Dallas", "Cameron Dallas Suicide?". Not many but the last were misleading. Each had the same story,besides some other big league Hollywood News--would throw in extras. For example, "Cameron Dallas' Girlfriend Behind Disappearance?". He has a girlfriend? I clicked the article, scrolling down. Same story, just a picture of him and a girl wearing a visor.

I sighed. How do you find a missing person, who intends to be missing? Besides..I got up grabbing my bag again and headed towards the beach. This was the only place I could find him.

The salty breeze and the sounds of crashing waves breaking along the shore. I scanned the beach only to see a few kids far in the distant running around the sand. What the hell..where is he?

"Looking for something?"

I turned around, and sure enough he sat calmly on the big rocks. I chuckled a little, looking down at my feet. "Do you always have to do this?"I asked.

"Well,"he began hopping off the rock, "What's the fun of going missing, if you don't fuck with people every now and then?".

I rolled my eyes, "Maybe it's because people care about you?". He made his way over, "Do you care about me?".

I scoffed. "That's absurd."

"But, is it really?"he smirked, crossing his arms.

"Yes. I've only just met you--"I turned towards a palm tree, "and you're being a complete idiot."

Cameron broke into hysterics. You could see all his teeth as his eyes squinted. "Soul surfer.."

"Can't you just have a normal conversation for once? A normal..serious conversation."I questioned becoming only a little bit irritated. But the more I began to talk, the more I started to like his laugh. God, I probably sound so stupid. I was forgetting this boy had millions of dollars and popularity. Yet here I am. I'm this girl in high school telling a boy with so much wealth to be serious. "You know what?"I shook my head, "Forget about it."I walked off.

Cameron's POV-

"That's absurd."

"But, is it really?"I crossed my arms, grinning. I noticed her eyes dilating slightly.

"Yes. I've only just met you--", strands of her hair crept away from behind her ear. "and you're being a complete idiot."

I laughed. God, even when she's mad it's cute. "Soul surfer.."

"Can't you just have a normal conversation for once? A normal..serious conversation."her voice was a little louder, "You know what? Forget about it.". I pulled her shoulder just as she walked by.

"You want a normal conversation?"I asked, she looked a little frightened but only nodded in response.

This worked once before..."Tonight at 7, I'll pick you up. We'll have a conversation then."I began to walk the way she planned too.

Riley's POV-

"Tonight at 7, I'll pick you up. We'll have a conversation then."Cameron smiled, just leaving. That's it? I was a little awestruck by his response..that I only stood there. "Wait!"I called out, only a couple feet away.

His brown hair shifted as the breeze blew by. An occasional seagull squawked out, landing on the rocks. But he continued to walk, and I continued to stand in the middle of the beach.

Did the missing person just, ask me on a date?

I shook my head, giggling at the idea of that. "The missing person asked me on a date."I spoke out loud. Even then it sounded weird. I must of looked so mindless, smiling at nothing.

Who would of known, that'd be the night everything changed.

Author's Note:

Finally. That's honestly all I can say, besides I know exactly how this next chapter is going to go down. Quick shout out! How did the trailer for this book have 10k views?? And if you type in "Cameron Dallas Wattpad" in YouTube, it's the second video to pop off. I'm beyond words of how successful this 'for fun novel' is turning into. Thanks to all of you, this is why Chapter five is published. :) More to come!

Love as always,

Writinghearts