Chapter 2

{Warning! Mentioning of Homophobia. Read at your own risk}

Fluke was flying through the rain. The drops of water penetrated their scales, falling down on them like pebbles.

Sure, SeaWings liked water. But rain was different. And now, Fluke was miserable. Their parents had been killed.

Why?

All because they supported them for being Non-binary. There were dragons that didn't support others that considered themselves another gender or fell in lobe with dragons that were the same gender.

Now Fluke was left alone. Their parents and younger sister were dead. They had left the Sea Kingdom.

Because it hurt to much to be there. Where the memories of what happened were there.

I miss them so much. How could dragons be so hateful? I don't understand!

They knew they were getting close to the city of Possibility. There were many dragons there, so they would blend in with the crowd. They wouldn't be noticed. No one would pay them any attention.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Fluke was walking around Possibility. They had made it a couple hours ago, and was wandering around now.

And they were right. Nobody had noticed them. Yet.

This is how it's going to be. Unnoticed, alone and hidden.

The thought made them sad.

Suddenly, they bumped into something cold. They flinched back, seeing an IceWing in front of them.

"I-I'm so sorry!" Fluke said, backing away.

"Oh, it's ok. Don't worry about it!" She looked up at him, offering a small smile. "I'm clumsy too, so....no need to apologize"

Fluke simply nodded, letting out a breath before starting to walk away.

"Er, so what's your name?" They heard the IceWing say.

"Um, Fluke. Yours?"

"Rhinstone"

"W-well, nice to meet you" Fluke ducked their head. "Your uh....you seem nice. And your pretty. I mean- all IceWings are pretty" They said shyly.

"Ah, thanks" Rhinstone hesitated for a moment. "I'm uh....male. Transgender male"

Fluke tilted their head.

Maybe this dragon will understand me.

"Well, I'm Non-binary" They said.

"No way! That's cool" Rhinstone exclaimed. He twitched his spiked tail. He frowned, though. "I wish I didn't have to leave my home"

"What do you mean?"

"I came out to my parents, and.....they didn't accept me" Rhinstone admitted, looking down at his talons.

Fluke felt sympathy towards the IceWing.

At least my parents had accepted me. This poor dragon left because he thought his parents hated him for who he was.

"I'm....really sorry to hear that" Fluke let out a sigh. "My parents and sister were killed because they accepted me"

Rhinstone looked up at them, surprise etched into his face. "The Queen- you mean Queen Treasure?"

"Oh, no! No, it was......it was a NightWing. At least, I think. It was strange looking, though. And there were other dragons, but I didn't pay attention to what tribe they were" Fluke responded

"Oh....well, I'm glad it wasn't the SeaWing Queen. Would've been disappointing to learn she's against dragons like us" Rhinstone shifted his wings. "Er, I'm sorry that happened to you"

'S'okay. I just really miss them" Fluke said quietly.

"Yeah...I miss the memories of me and my parents. When then loved me" Rhinstone gazed became clouded, and Fluke had to wave their talon in his face after a few minutes of silence.

"Do you want to hang out?" Fluke said, the words slipping out of their mouth before they even realized it.

What am I doing? What am I doing? Am I an idiot? There is NO way anyone would like me. What if this guy is actually pretending to be trans, and he-

"Sure" Rhinstone's words cut off his racing thoughts.

"O-ok. Cool, um, I mean- I guess we're friends now?" Fluke said hesitantly.

Rhinstone smiled. "Yeah"

Wow. Am I really not a alone? Rhinstone seems genuine, but....what if it's all a trick? No, I can't think like that.

Rhinstone grabbed their talons. "Oh, I want to show you something! I think you'll like it"

And just like that, he had a friend.

I meant to posting these chapters all throughout June because...well, you know, Pride Month. That didn't actually work out.

Welp. At least I got a chapter in on the last day of June. So, happy Pride Month, guys.

I can't wait for June 2022. But yes, I'll still be posting chapters LOL