Chapter 2: The Talk

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Hoped you enjoyed the first chapter! Here's chapter two. Some questions have been answered, but much more is yet to come! I promise it will get better from here.

Fan, comment, and vote! (:  Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two- The Talk

                "What is it?" I asked concerned. In all my life, I have never seen Dad cry. Mom was still sobbing while clinging on to me for dear life.

                "Sophie, you know we love you," Dad started out softly.

                "I know, and I love you both too, but can you please just tell me what is going on? Who were those people that were just in here?" I asked angrily. I was honestly just so tired of being left in the dark. Dad turned his body and then looked out the window. Outside the window were the woods. It was filled with trees and there was a beautiful mountain far off in the horizon.

                "We haven't been truthful to you Sophie," Mom said regaining back her composure.

                "What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

                "I'm not really from Alabama and we didn't move here because of Dad's job."

                "Well then why did we move here?" I asked. This was really strange. Mom and Dad have never lied or kept any secrets from me before.

                "We lived here before," Dad stated calmly. I gasped. I would have never imagined my parents living here before. Woodruff is just to plain and boring for them. They were the type of socializing and outgoing people.

                "Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me?" I spat out angrily. What else have they been keeping from me? Maybe that's why everyone keeps staring and whispering about me. Maybe they knew me and my family from before we moved. I tried to calm myself, surely they had a good reason, I thought to myself.

                "We moved when you were five years old. I did get a job at the company, but then I quit and we moved back down here. Sophie we had to protect you," Dad said with tears in his eyes.

                "Protect me from what?" I asked. I was really starting to get scared.

                "Rogues," Mom whispered frightened. Rogues?

                "What are rogues?" I asked. I've never heard that word before.

                "Rogues are lone werewolves. Nomads as some may say. They are usually volatile and dangerous," Dad stated matter-of-factly. My eyes bulged out. Werewolves? Werewolves exist? What? I took one look at Mom and Dad and I saw the looks on their face. I knew that they were not lying to me.

                "Okay," I started slowly, "So werewolves exist. What do rogues have to do with me then?"

                "We were running away from rogues. They wanted you! We have no idea why, but maybe it's because they know who your mate is," Mom whispered thoughtfully.

                "Mate? What's a mate? Are you two werewolves as well? Does this mean that I'm a werewolf?" I asked calmly. I really have no idea why I am so calm. Maybe it's because I always believed in the supernatural.

                "A mate is your soul mate for a lack of better term. Your mate is your other half, the person you're meant to be with for the rest of your life. They complete you and without them, you live a lonely life. Your Mom and I are mates," Dad said to me. I stared at him while trying to get all the information wrapped around my brain. I took a deep breath.