Tres

It was currently thirty three minutes past six, and I was stood in the middle of my bedroom surrounded by clothes that either didn't fit, or didn't look right. Everything I tried on clung to the wrong places, or was too baggy - there was no in between.

Not only that, but my hair had decided to completely frizz up after I'd blow dried it, so I was now sporting an Afro and underwear - not a great combination, if I'm honest.

Finally deciding to simply slip on a shirt and jeans, I had pinned my hair back and was rushing down the stairs, grabbing my leather jacket from the end of the banister and locking the door behind me, screaming 'Be back by nine' to my oblivious mother.

"Ready?" Carla asked as I hopped into the car, and we began driving through the showers that lasted from April to, well, April.

"Yep." I huffed, my knee bobbing up and down as we pulled into the car park. Everything seemed a lot more miserable as we walked in - the setting, the atmosphere, and especially the people. It wasn't until we reached the round table in the corner where everyone I'd seen earlier was sitting, that I finally saw a smile on someone's face.

"Guys, this is Fae." I was introduced to Andy and Lacey - the cute couple on the motorbike - who gave me a small wave. The man whom Carla was sharing with was called Chuck, however I'm sure that wasn't his real name. He had a total of four piercings, and eleven visible tattoos, and was definitely the oldest of the lot, the rest being around my age.

Finally, I was brought to Joanna and Finn. The smug looking girl gave me a sickly smile, creasing her eyes as she clung to her boyfriend's arm, while Finn smiled at me. A volcano began erupting in my stomach as his gorgeous eyes filled with happiness and he patted the space beside him, allowing both Carla and me to slide in.

"Want anything?" Chuck asked, scraping his chair back against the shiny wooden floor. Carla gave him her order while I simply shook my head.

"I don't drink."

---

Around half an hour later, the six of them began arguing about music. I chose to be invisible, deciding that staying completely out of it was the best thing to do when I hardly knew any of them - apart from Finn, who I'd practically studied for my entire life.

"Alright, alright." Andy settled, laughing at Finn and Carla who were in an in depth conversation about two bands. "Fae, which one's better, Oasis or Hozier?"

"Oasis." I answered immediately, my head shooting up from my lap. "I mean, they're both good, but I like Oasis." I corrected, not meaning to seem so rude and impatient.

"Come on!" Carla whined, obviously disagreeing with me. They all began laughing together and I chuckled, trying to join in but not really knowing what was going on.

"You've got good taste." Finn whispered, leaning away from Joanna in his arms and bringing his lips so close to my ear that I had to fight the urge to turn around and snog him in front of all five of them.

"Thanks." I smiled, looking up at his gorgeous face and studying his features, his thick brows and structured lips, all moist and plump like little goldfish. It wasn't until Joanna gave me a harsh stare that I realised I'd been looking at him all that time, entranced by his inhuman beauty. I blushed, my head rushing back to my lap as I fondled with a hair band.

---

"A pool party?" Carla had called and invited me to hang out with the gang again on Saturday, this time at her new house - which conveniently had a swimming pool, the one thing I hated. I couldn't swim, and the thought of drowning made bile rise in my throat.

"Yeah, d'you wanna come?" I bit my lip in anticipation, contemplating the pros and cons. Finn would be there, but so would Joanna, and I didn't know if I could stand seeing them together for much longer. "Please, Fae. It'll be fun!" I nodded reluctantly, swinging my legs as I sat on the swing in the park just around the corner from my house.

My mobile beeped as I hung up, twisting to face Michael, who was spinning on his swing. "Who was that?" He asked, making funny faces every time he faced me.

"Carla, she invited me to her party." Michael had asked if he could come too, to which I replied 'I don't think that'd be a good idea.'

"Oh, alright." He said, sounding extremely disappointed. I almost couldn't resist his sweet puppy dog eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mikey. I just don't want anyone to make fun of you, I'm still not too sure of them." He nodded, understanding why I was so protective, and hopped up from his sitting position.

"See you tomorrow?"

"Of course."

---

I was stood in a swimwear shop with Lacey and Carla - Joanna was unable to join because she was on a date with Finn - surrounded by spotted bikini tops and striped bottoms. Unlike the other two girls, I was feeling extremely out of place, considering I'd never worn a bikini in my entire life.

An assistant had consulted us earlier, examining our breasts to apparently 'help us make a better choice' because 'the right bikini does wonders'. While the other two supposedly had the perfect size, I was told that my chest was 'practically nonexistent' and was asked if I was sure I was a woman in the first place. It was true, I guess. It seemed that all of the fat that was supposed to go to my breasts went to my stomach and thighs instead, stupid body.

"What about this one, Fae?" Lacey pulled out a gorgeous white halter neck, with lace patterns on the sides.

"It's gorgeous!" I began searching through the rails to find my size, but with no luck.

"They only go down to a B cup, sorry." The assistant smiled, crushing my dreams. I was left to sit on a plush armchair in the corner, while the others picked up and tried on numerous sets, all of which looked absolutely stunning on their slim bodies.

'I'd probably look like a whale' I thought to myself, imagining the looks I'd get from Finn and the others as I walked by the pool, my stomach bulging out of the bottoms and thighs shaking and clapping together as my legs moved.

"Aren't you getting anything?" Carla asked after they'd both paid, carrying little pink bags with bows on the handles towards me.

"It's fine," I shook my head. "I'm sure I've got something at home." They smiled, believing my lie completely as we walked down the high street.

I didn't even own a swimsuit.