※ XI : Complicated ※

"Then why would he leave?"

Granny Fujino parted her lips for a reply , not before landing a pat on the toddler on her lap.

"Because if he stayed , his wife and children will be in trouble." She muttered , smiling down as the lilac haired girl stare at her opened storybook in undescribable expression."Look , it says here that the bad witch will find his family if he stayed,"

How her amethyst orbs flickered up crestfallen should have been enough to be a warning for what's coming next.

"Is that why my parents left me?"

Such simple question she spat should have been an easy question to answer , but the burden of words clittering the fact can only let Granny Fujino hold a gasp.

"...yes ,"

Granny Fujino doesn't even know if Hana meant her real unknown parents or Granny Fujino's long time dissapearing daughter , and her husband.

But either way , her job is to ensure the young lady on her lap.

"They left because they care for you."

She bit her lips , fluttering her eyes closed.

..I hope so.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

🎋~ .H.F. ~🎋
● Chapter 11 ●
~ ▪︎ ~
Complicated
____________________________________

"This is harassment!!! Harassment , i said!!"

Everything , aside Kija's screech , went smoothly afterwards.

The sky has turned a few shades darker , bluish against the light colored leaves and the starting bonfire.

Young girls dance around carefreely on the wide field,  passing the older men who played some light rhythm instrument while the others prepare for the festival properties.

"People have started gathering," Yona mustered in the middle of light atmosphere , eyeing how the young girls spun around and laughed with the men , or one of themー Jaeha."And i'm an outsider.Should i really be dancing?"

"Get it off me , you barbaric woman!!! Everybody!! Heelp!!"

"It's a festival , so the only thing matter is that everyone's enjoying themselves.That's what the women said," Yoon added to the noise at the background , ignoring whatever antic the two's pulling at the moment.

"I SAID , I DON'T WANNAーmph?!" Kija , who almost shed a tear after all that struggle widened his eyes in horror as Hana cupped her hand over his mouth in annoyance.

"Just give in already.I can't dance..!" Hana whisper-yelled , almost pining him to a tree.

"Are we just gonna ignore how Kija got pinned to a tree by a younger girl?" Jaeha teased as he approached from the crowd he chatted with , grinning contentedly as Kija reddened in realization.