Chapter 1

The four friends June, May, Annie and Liz walked out of the school building together. They had planned to go to June's house and have a fun weekend. They do it all the time, it had become their tradition. Normally on Fridays but since it was mid term they decided to make an exception.

Annie and Liz joined the gang few years ago when they started attending Valley Side Academy.

"I just texted mum, this is going to be so much fun!" Liz squealed putting her phone at her back pocket.

Annie and Liz are twins but you wouldn't even know whether they are sisters just by looking at them. They had very different looks and personalities.

Liz was a tomboy, tall with short hair and she was really good at sports unlike the rest of them. She normally hung out with the boys.

It was because of her sister Annie that she came to know May and June. People were surprised how she ended up being friends with May and June, but she'd still ditch the girls for the boys anytime.

Annie was more of the girly girl type. She was very beautiful and had plump lips.

She did what every girly girl did - gushing over hot boys, wearing lip gloss all the damn time making her lips stand out, doing manicure and pedicure etc.

"I will definitely get the wall side of the bed this time" Annie said ambitiously making the group laugh.

"You wouldn't dare, I will cut off your precious lips" Liz said causing Annie to fake gasp and touch her lips.

"So June, I saw you and Axil today.." May said grinning endlessly. They started "ooing" and raising their eyebrows.

May was more determined to get her friend a love life rather than passing a subject in class.

She had made it her personal duty.

She even planned on training June to get Axil to fall for her during this mid term break. June had refused but not for long because May had her ways in getting what she wanted.

If she was so determined in her school work she could have for sure become the next Marie Currie.

"I wish" June said trying to act serious but you could not deny the wide grin creeping up her lips.

"Spill it out, what happened?" May said excitedly.

"Well.." June said and went on explaining her conversation with Axil and the group listened attentively. After she was done they all rambled together asking a gazillion questions.

"Ugh June" May said face palming, "this is why you'll forever be lonely. Why did you say you hated him? You just gave him the 'back off' impression. You push people away."

"Really?" June asked sincerely.

"At least she did her rambling thing, it really gets to people" Liz said.

"Yeah, she looks cute when she rants" Annie joined in.

"Don't worry that's why you have us, to help your non- existent social life" May said patting June on the shoulder. This was May for you. She was the odd type of bff. She said things that hurt but that was her way of caring.

They were now far away from the school, turning into another junction. The paved road was narrower as they turned. It was completely still, there weren't a lot of people there anyways but then they usually saw a couple of kids playing or old men lying outside on their lazy chairs. Today, no one was out. It was wierd that all the gates were locked up and not a single person was on the street. Even the shops were closed.