---

Neon lights flashed in front of her eyes as she hung out a window overlooking a busy street several stories below. Even in the dead of the night, The City radiated life. She pulled her black hair out of her face, dried blood sticking strands of her hair together as she scanned the exterior below.

The escape was always the most thrilling part to her.

Spotting her exit she glanced back over her shoulder, the body of a 250 pound man lay dead on the living room carpet neatly tucked into a body bag. An outsider would have never guessed the struggle that had taken place not 5 minutes ago. Apart of her felt something in these moments, regret maybe? Sadness? She did just kill someone... But it was just a part-time job and he was a bad man anyways, so really, it's the client who should be having the moral dilemma. 'don't shoot the messenger' and all that.

As she maneuvered her way down the building, leaving next to no trace of her presence, knowing that the cleanup crew would be arriving soon to ensure a clean job. She jumped the last few feet, landing in an unfortunately placed puddle, the reflected neon ripping as she cursed her wet socks.

She set a steady pace down the avenue, gathering in a crowd of pedestrians at a crosswalk, disappearing into the night.