One: Azure Eyes

"I think blue looks good on you!"

"Shut up, Peter," Ichika nervously pulled her wet hair behind her ears, frowning at her reflection in the mirror. "You're just saying that because you dyed it!"

Her hair had been transformed from black to a vibrant dark blue, while a little patchy at the roots where the blonde hadn't toned right, was a pretty solid job considering it was 5 in the morning. But that's what made Ichika and Peter's relationship unique: the chaos.

Peter shrugged, plugging in the blow-dryer.

"You gotta let me dye yours next."

Peter let out an exasperated gasp, running a hand through his short black hair, "You aren't going anywhere near my beautiful hair."

"That's not fair!"

Peter flicked the machine on, "Sorry I can't hear you complaining! I turned the blow-drier on!"

Ichika rolled her eyes as her hair whipped around her face sharply. It didn't look that bad on her, not that she'd ever admit that to her best friend.

"None of my classmates are going to recognize me," Ichika protested when Peter had finish with his 'masterpiece'.

"It's university, no one is going to care." Ichika huffed, crossing her arms. She hated when he was right. Peter continued, "I was thinking of dropping my classes actually..."

"Why!" Ichika met Peter's eyes in the mirror before whipping around to face him.

"I can't pay for my 3rd semester."

"Well that's stupid! I thought you had money saved up?"

Peter pressed the back of his hands to his eyes. "My dad drained my account again. I couldn't convince him to put it back this time."

"What about a job?"

"Wow, Ichika, hadn't thought of that," Peter rolled his eyes then letting the back of his head fall against the door frame. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me."

"I know there's no work available right now, but I could see if they have a position open at the club."

"What would a strip club want with a business major?"

"I.. I don't know. But it's worth a shot."

Peter leaned back against the door, defeat written across his face. Ichika cupped his cheeks, "Let me talk with my manager, OK?" Peter nodded, still not sure.

Wanting to change the subject to something more lighthearted, Ichika yawned, pulling her hair into a pony tail. "We'll talk more after my shift tonight, but for now, lets catch the bus."

__

Ichika was used to the monotony of mornings at this point in the semester. Ride with Peter on the bus to the station, then take the West River train to the Police Academy while Peter hopped on the East-bound trained headed to the West-End University.

Ichika smiled to herself remembered their first time in the West End. Peter was born and raised in the North End or "rich end" as the rest of the city called it. Ichika was born and lived most of her younger years in the South End, aptly nicknamed 'the slums'.

She'd met Peter when her mother had uprooted their lives to work as a live in house cleaner for a rich family, the Hans. They spent much of their childhood playing together in his spacious backyard, avoiding the disapproving and unfortunately watchful eye for Peter's nutjob of a father.