The Victor From District Two

RIIIINNNGGG

I slam my hand down on my smooth silver alarm. It stops beeping but I'm pretty sure I just broke it.

I won't need it anymore however. Today I'm going to volunteer. I'm going to be in the hunger games.

I've had my life planned out for me for a long time. I'm going to train my whole life (already done) then my last year in the reaping, volunteer. Win. Fame and fortune. Easy.

At least that's what everyone told me, but the feeling in my stomach doesn't support it.

I get up and walk over to my shower. My family is one of the richest in the district. We get a lot of the Capitol stuff like the alarm and the fancy shower. We even have our own car.

I hear my mom come in while I'm in the shower.

"Cato! Your clothes just came in. I'm laying them on the bed. Hurry up."

My mom had clothes ordered from the Capitol. More like district 8 but I guess none of the districts really get credit.

Anyway my mom is more into this than anyone. She wants me to look my best when I get my first chance to intimidate my other competitors.

I throw on the shirt, it is designed so its classy but it stops so its barley covering my shoulder. Therefore showing all my muscles.

It's button down and pure white so you can't see my muscular chest there too.

My mom definitely picked these out.

The pants are tight and a light brown which matches perfectly.

My mom has probably had these picked out for years.

Everyone has planned a part of my future all ready.

My trainer has had my strategies planned out since I was fourteen.

That has a good reason though. When I was thirteen, still in training, my name was called at the reaping.

I was terrified because simply I wasn't ready at all. I still might be able to take out a couple people but I would be dead by the first night.

Someone volunteered for me though. He was seventeen. I didn't know him at all. He must've been doing what I'm going to do today.

Anyway he didn't win. I actually cried when he died. This boy I didn't even know! Pathetic right?

My dad yelled at me for weeks. He never let me forget how weak I was.

"Crying over someone you didn't know? Who does that. If you can't even watch these games without bawling how will you be able to compete in them?" He would scream.

After that we trained harder. I was even pulled me out of school to train more.

That was the mistake my parents made to make me hate them.

I realized that I had to do this for my family and my district but why pull me out of school?

My best friends were in that school. Phoenix and Kace. They were my friends since I was eight. I met them both while I was playing outside my house. They are both sons of the richest man in our part of district two.

Then of corse there is Charlee. I met her when I was ten, she was nine. I knew she would be the one I was going to marry. We went to school together and were best friends until my parents found out.

I haven't seen her since they locked me in my room and told me I could never see her. That she is a distraction from my training.

I still got to see Phoenix and Kace on my days off. My days off were few but I got to spend them with my guys so it was great. Until I got that taken away from me too.