Day 2

"Ring, ring" (Alarm going off)
Yes! Today is finally my birthday! I have been waiting 365 days for today, because it is my birthday! But then I remembered yesterday, and the horrible experience at school. I then went back to sleep because I didn't want to go to school. After 15 minutes of napping, my mom came in and nudged me. I still tried pretending to sleep, but I know she knew that I was pretending to be late for school.
"Wake up, sweetie. I know you are faking it."
I slowly arouse from my bed, and got ready for school. My hair was a mess, and I threw on old jeans and a t-shirt. But today I put on a special necklace. It was my necklace I got the day I was born, and I had it ever since. I then got my new backpack sitting in the dusty closet, and lagged to the kitchen to eat breakfast and make lunch. When I arrived, my mom had a huge smile spread across her face, holding a medium size box, shaking in her arms. I ran to her immediately, wondering what it was.
"Mommy! What did you get me?"
"See for your self!"
She handed me the light purple box, and I grabbed at the wrapping, and teared opened the box. Inside the box was the cutest thing, a little white Maltese puppy! Maybe today wasn't going to be so bad after all!! I held the the tiny puppy in my hand close to my chest.
"Genivie." I said.
"I am going to name her Genivie."
"Awesome name!" My mom said.
"And her nickname will be Gigi! This is the best present I have ever received!"
"I'm glad that you like her."
"I love her."

Then I realized the time- school started in 5 minutes! I hastily got my lunch and ran out of the door. Walking on the way to school, I thought about today and how my experience would be. Luckily we only lived 5 minutes away from Oak Bridge Elementary School, so I got there right when the bell rang.

When I arrived at my classroom, I awkwardly inched to my seat, afraid that my teacher would blatantly call me out again in front of the whole class. Luckily, I slipped by without her noticing. The bell then rang, and the teacher started endlessly lecturing us about fractions and how to multiply them. For goodness sake, it was only the second day of school! Right in the middle of a lecture, though, the teacher interjected and said,
"Hayley Ross. Are you listening to me?"
Personally, I was gazing off into the distance thinking about my dog, but I responded,
"Yes, of course. Why would you be thinking not?"
"Ha, because you were fading off into the distance, probably thinking about nonsense."
"I was gazing, but I was thinking about and listening to your lecture!"
"Then what was I talking about, know-it-all?"
"Um, you were talking about, um... FRACTIONS!"
I knew I was right on that one. She couldn't criticize me now!
"What type of fractions, Miss Ross?"
"Um... I think subtracting?"
"WRONG! We are multiplying fractions! Detention for you!"

This whole conversation, the kids in my class were just staring at me in disgust. They were probably thinking of how rude I was to the teacher.

"Ring, ring"

Finally, lunch. The beautiful lunch. The lunch where I could at least be 1000 feet away from my sworn enemy; the teacher. As