Chapter 2

Representation of Lyla^

Lyla Genovese POV-

"A glamorous woman is always elegant, but she also possesses an air of mystery and excitement. She's dramatic...almost untouchable."

-Ralph Lauren

METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART - NEW YORK CITY
10:38 PM

The Genovese Family began its torment of Eastern United States, and Italy as well as other saddened places decades ago.

But now it's my time... I've been running this shit show for the past 3 years after my father had oh-so-suddenly passed away.

Want a hint?

I killed him.

He deserved it... but let's not get off track, yeah?

After my father's death, I was next in line.
And on October 9th, I was set as The Boss of the Genovese Crime Family.

I was prepared, at 21 years old, with nearly 14 years in this business, I had seen it all.
Now 24, I realized it only gets worse, and this romanticized lifestyle shouldn't be for anyone, but I'm not someone to give up and in... I was hard-wired for this.

I've managed to maintain secrecy to my name, and image while running one of the most feared crime families in the Eastern Hemisphere.
Nobody unwanted has seen my face and put a name to it, and vice versa.

It should remain that way. My privacy, life, and loved one's security are on the line.
Though remaining anonymous to the world has proved its own difficulties, I will remain nameless and faceless to the people.
This has wholeheartedly required me to have people put down, but it's for the best.

A happy temper, with an even happier trigger finger.

Now as the music plays throughout the Museum, echoing off the walls as dimmed yellow lights intoxicate the air. I watch with a smile, my hair tousled from the wind outside.

It's a masquerade ball... My type of gathering.

My plan was to send my Underboss, Angelo, to this event, gather what he could, and leave.
Though as I was about to inform Angelo of his duties, The boss of the Gambino family had called me, insisting I attend this ball myself.

But now as I sit in the corner of the room, swirling my champagne in its flute, all I see is Men and Women with Gold and Black masks, conversation stirring while tension swirls thick.

As each word spoken emits a fume, thickening the tension in the air, nearly wrapping a noose around everyone's neck. Attempting at forbidding them of speaking... but this world and its delicacies are just too tempting to keep to yourself.

And that's what makes it so untrusting...

I continue watching as the people swarm in and out of the large stone building.
It's an event open to the public, but it's evident who's not a part of this life of crime.
As everyone that belongs to a family, mafia, cartel, or the triads has a bulge where their thigh should be... a gun