Chapter Three

Daniel

My eyes closed, I can smell the morning air. No change to the usual rotting flesh and shit I have endured for the past three month, but now I feel more alone than ever. No one around. No Brian to keep me on track, no Sophie to lighten my day, no Lucy and Lisa to help me laugh, and no Marcus, okay Marcus didn't do much but he is still my friend. Me, Brian and Marcus are brothers. Stuck together like glue till now. "Are you asleep?" the voice still unfamiliar to me. He has still not told me his name or anything for that matter he keeps avoiding it ironical like the plaque. "No" I replied, a awkward silence crept in. "what is your name?" I need to break the silence some how. "Names doesn't matter" "It does in this situation" "What situation do you think we are in" "Well I can't begin to trust you without a name for one" I shot back at him "all you have done has taken me further and further into the woods, Do you even know what you doing?" "Of course I do" That shocked him a little, I think he must think of me as a fool but, from the looks of him he has no idea what I been though to get where I am now. The people who I'm never going to get back again, because I did what I had to do to survive, and it's killing me. Every ZOMB I kill rips another piece of my former me.

"Get over yourself pal" he said "you're a kid, I know where this safe zone is I have just lost my bearing alright"

"Ok whatever you say but just so you know if your fucking about with me I'm going to kill you"

The man gave me a sharp cold stare, "watch your language!"

"you're not my dad you can't tell me what to do we have only just met" I said The man pulls out his pistol, ready the gun, puts me on my knees and puts it on my head.

"I know I'm not your dad but you need to listen to me, boy" he says bitterly in his rough welsh accent. "Or else I will have to shoot you" I look up at him giving his the same death stare back.

"come on then shoot me" I say "Trust me I seen things that someone my age should never see in a lifetime you should shoot me because I know I don't want to become a monster. You haven't been out here long enough to see how bad it has gone. it's not just the ZOMB's, the people have gone mad too." His Cold stare loose focus but his gun stay on my forehead.

"What do you mean?"

"About a month ago we was on a salving for food when we came across another group of people, The fire still lit and bodies piled on top of each other. Shot in the head. exactly where you gun is pointing now" He pulls his gun away from my head and I slowly rise back to his level "I have told my friends to not talk to anyone, I worry for them every second I'm not with them"

"I'm taking a huge risk going with you because for all I know they are already dead, you are our only chance to save us all"

He put his gun away and stood back away from me.

"This way come on" the man says all tension gone from his body like almost like he feels sorry, he obviously hasn't been here long if he actually has a soul..

Brian

The morning sun rose up, I know that everyone is going to ask me to move on and there is no hope but he is my best mate, we have been through thick and thin together and he always comes back. Always. So this is so unlike him even in the ZOMBie apocalypse. We all sat in the field watching as the rain clouds departed and the sun welcome us its heat, I'm remembering the time when life was a lot more peaceful although we may not of known it. Me and Daniel used to play practical jokes on our history teacher Mr Jones, which I think Daniel would agree teaching us would have been a big waste of time. Well it is now. What history going to help is with right here right now.

"Well he didn't come back" Sophie said

"I need to go after him" I replied, "I know he would want us to be safe but he my friend he would do the same for me. You wouldn't understand soph" What sophie doesn't know is how long me and Daniel have been friends.