|| 2. Day goes on ||

Shivaay slumped back on the chair tiredly. He had been working continuously since he came to office. It had been almost 3 hours now. He hadn't had much except an apple since he had come. Suddenly his phone notified him about a meeting. He tried to remember which meeting had he forgotten about until realisation struck him. It had completely slipped his mind about Anika's important meeting with the jeweller. He immediately straightened up and made a call to her. She cut the call. He tried again and then again. She was cutting his calls repeatedly. He understood she has turned into the Jungli Billi mode. Now wanting to irritate her more and disturb her focus from the meeting, he sent her a video message wishing her luck. Just then Mishra's voice reminded him of his surroundings and he again got back to his work.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Anika was damn irritated with Shivaay now. He had remembered about her meeting now, just an hour before the meeting. She was determined to avoid him and so she did. She didn't pick up his phone calls, hoping that he would video call her or send her some gift to pacify her. But nothing of such sort came. She received a minute long video message from him. And that was the end of her patience. She mentally decided that today no matter what her Bagadbilla would have to face his Jungli Billi. It was sure gonna be tough, no no very tough. Deciding so, she departed for the meeting.
----------------------------------------------------------------

It was evening time now and everyone had come back to the house including Rudra. As usual, he had a lot of fun. Everyone was seated in the living room having their usual talks and tea when Anika arrived. She was literally dancing and had her hands full with a mithai box. Keeping her bag on the table, she rushed towards all of them feeding them mithai. They all understood that she had got the deal. Suddenly someone's voice was heard from the doorway, " I knew you would get the deal", said Shivaay. His hands were full. His one hand contained a bouquet of orchids, Anika's favourite and his other hand, a gift. All eyes went towards him and all were overjoyed. He looked towards her. She smiled, he knew it was fake. But she came to him and put her arm through his and signalled him to come with everyone. Everyone enjoyed thoroughly. Finally after the celebrations, it was only Shivika.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Shivika's Room :
Anika went in angrily followed by a very scared Shivaay. Closing the door of the room, he sat beside her on the bed. She turned away her gaze from him. And now he knew, pacifying her was going to be a huge task. And suddenly, Anika saw something creep up in front of her eyes. A red rose, with a note, I am sorry. She knew what was coming but still manged to put up a straight face. And then there was another one, this time the note read ' I am sorry' in Hindi. More roses followed , each time ' I am Sorry' was written in various languages. Now it was getting really difficult for her to maintain her anger. She smiled faintly. He saw it and he knew she was melting. It was time for the final move. Making her face him, he looked at her lovingly and taking himself towards her, he kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes in reflex. His kiss seemed to have a lot of emotions filled in it. Finally after many moments, he let go and she slowly opened her eyes only to find him kneeling in front of her looking down guiltly. His next words were enough to make her feel overwhelmed. " Anni, I am genuinely sorry. I know that no amount of sorry is going to compensate for my mistake. You needed me today and I couldn't be there. I feel so guilty for having forgotten such an important day of yours. I even forgot to wish you before the meeting and when I called you didn't pick up which was absolutely right on your part. I deserved it. You are always there for me and I am such an idiot. Couldn't even remember this day. Yet, I am still asking for forgiveness. If you can, please forgive me Anika. I am possibly the world's worst husband. Don't think that I am not happy that you got the deal. I am so glad that you got the contract. This deal can be career changing for you. It's just that I don't deserve any share in this success of yours. But please, don't be angry with me. Your ignorance just kills me. I know I deserve it but I am being selfish. I can't handle it. I am sorry."
Saying so he stood up and was about to leave when he felt his hand being grasped tightly. Looking back, he saw her shedding tears. His eyes also unknowingly teared up and he sat back looking at her questioningly. Finally, words came out of her mouth, " How dare you utter such nonsense from your mouth. You don't have any right to berate my husband like that. He is the world's best husband, you get it. He has supported me at each step of my life. He has inspired me to start my own company. He has helped through this business. And I know that he is really sorry that he forgot my meeting. But he is human too. It's okay to forget. I was angry but I knew that my Bagadbilla would do something special for me then, and I was eagerly waiting for that. And I must say I wasn't disappointed at all. He made my day so special. He compensated for the mistake. So no feeling guilty, okay. I love you Shivaay, and you being guilty is something I can never tolerate. So stop being guilty. And please wipe that tears off. I hate tears in your kanji aakhein mere Tadibaaz Bagadbille." Saying so she wiped the tears flowing from his eyes, with him doing the same. He hugged her tightly while she reciprocated too.
" Okay, now no more tears. It is a happy day for you. You have achieved such a big success. You should be happy, we should be happy. Don't worry, I won't be sad anymore. Now you also go change and we'll go out for a long drive. What say ? " Shivaay said.
She nodded enthusiastically. And just like that the day that started bitterly ended with a lot of happiness. She knew she was the luckiest to have him and he knew that no matter what she would always be there for him. When they are together, every problem is pea size.

-------------------------------------------------

This update was mostly Shivika. But the next update will have Obros and Obahus for sure. Will update soon. Till then, keep reading and please let me know your reviews and thoughts. Please vote and comment.