2-Those Are Men, Not Cats

I woke up to the sun rudely burning my eyes

I woke up to the sun rudely burning my eyes. Only to close them as quickly as possible so my retinas stayed intact. I rolled over in bed praying for the light to end. This was until my hand met something soft, soft and very fluffy, I slowly opened my eyes to see that cats were in a pile, sleeping right under my arm. When did I get cats? 

All of yesterday's memories decided that it was time to kick my brain and make their presence known. Right, I found them in a box, and now I have six, dirty, cats sleeping on my freshly washed sheets. That thought, set in incredibly slow, and when it finally did, I found myself screaming both internally and externally. Laundry, especially thick bed covers, was a horrible thing as far as I was concerned. 

In my frustration, I had managed to fall off the bed and heard quite a few screeches and mewls of surprise from the filthy fureballs on my beloved bed.  I rushed over picking them up one by one, quickly setting them all on the floor. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, it's just I found them in an alleyway, and I love my bed more. Kinda. 

"I'm sorry, I really am, but I just cleaned these sheets, and I don't need them dirty again." I tried my best to apologize, though some still looked annoyed. That was when the smell hit me. I sniffed slightly, before cringing. I glared at the group of irritated felines, some of which now looked smug. "Oh, no you did not." I noticed the cat with long spiky hair flick his tail as if to say, 'Oh, yes we did.' 

I walked toward the smell to find that on my floor was a pile of papers, covered in the aftermath of the cat's dinner. Oh, please tell me those aren't my work papers. When checked, it was proven that they were papers knocked off the desk meant to be thrown away. I looked over at them and silently promised them that I would be extra nice to them for sparing me like they did. Not only did they save my floor, but they also saved my papers. This momentary gratefulness did not apply to the bath I was going to give them, however. 

Time Skip

I had just thrown away the papers, aka the temporary litter box, but when I walked into the kitchen I was met with a wet sock. Let me tell you, a wet sock first thing in the morning is not a pleasant surprise, not in the slightest. I looked down to see that some of the milk from last night had spilled. 

After cleaning the kitchen, (which included the remnants of my own dinner) I walked into the living room to see that all the cats were seated around the room, doing various things. I looked around and picked two that were sitting away from the rest. The short straight-haired cat and the blond were sitting next to each other, so I picked them up. Upon, hearing their distressed cries, all the others looked towards us. 

"Welp, I've decided, these are my first sacrifices." I stated. This statement called all the cats to go wide eyed, looking slightly panicked. "I didn't mean it literally, I just meant for the bath." This calmed them all down significantly, as if they could understand me. On that note, I should probably stop talking to the cats, because now I was pretending they were answering me. With that, I walked towards the stairs. As I climbed them, the blond cat would not stop moving so much I worried I was going to drop it, while the raven cat stayed perfectly still seeming resigned to its inevitable fate. (And said fate was inevitable, I would make sure of it.) 

When I entered the bathroom, I kicked the door closed so that I wouldn't have to chase them around the house. I set them down and started the water in the tub. I made sure it wasn't too hot or too cold, as well as to high. When it was high enough, I grabbed both cats and lowered them into the water. Luckily, they did not put up a fight like most cats. 'All of these cats sure are weird, huh?' I noted. 

When I set them down, I turned around to grab something behind me when I heard a "Poof!" It kind of reminded me of that one anime show I watched as a kid. What was it called again? Marudo? Narudo? Oh! It was Naruto! I have no idea why that was important, but it seemed like it was at the time. I turned back around only to see smoke, and no cats. Wait, that was a leg, or a pair of legs. No, there are two pairs. I looked up to find two men standing there, looking confused. Not just any men, hot, naked, men standing there. Now remember I was sitting on my knees, so I did what anyone would do when they see two, naked, unfamiliar men standing over them in their own home, I screamed. 

Que unholy screeching of fear. I quickly stood up and took a step back. " Who are you?! How did you get there?! When did you get there?! Where are my cats?! I swear if you did something with my cats, I'll kill you! " I had grabbed what I'm pretty sure was a toothbrush off the counter and was currently brandishing it as a weapon.  At this point I was a wreck, didn't know what kind of wreck, but all I know was that I was a wreck. 

The blond man scratched the back of his head while the other male crossed his arms. "Well, you see, that's kind of the thin. . . . . . . . .CRASH!" He never did get to finish that sentence. This was because in that moment he had shuffled his feet, slipped and fallen on the other male. At the exact same time, I had moved to stop the fall out of instinct, and slipped on my wet sock, and fallen into the tub on top of them. I was in this moment I remembered they had no clothes. 

I sat there five seconds before I realized I was on their chests. It then took 0.2 seconds before I was out the door, having already thrown two towels from the towel rack at them. The door was slammed closed, and I slid to the floor. There was one thing for sure, it was that I was going to need a big explanation. 

Words- 1141
Rewritten/ edited 2