c h a p t e r 1

5:35 a.m

15 January 2012

Shraddha stretched her hands up as she got out of the suffocating 3rd row of the cab and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

She and Myra absolutely loved the fresh air of the early morning with birds chirping sweetly, and it was best for Shraddha if her morning tea could be sipped by her while looking at the beautiful nature, while Myra was a die-hard coffee person.

"Wish I had my tea"  Shraddha sighed as her body craved for her morning tea.

They had decided to have their breakfast midway through the journey, so she was very much hungry.

"Yeh le" (Take this) Myra, appearing from nowhere, handed her a cup of tea with her left hand, whereas her right hand held a cappuccino coffee for herself.

Shraddha gave her a thanks-for-saving-my-life smile and quickly grabbed it.

The two looked at the beautiful sunrise and enjoyed their drinks.

As they finished, suddenly, someone pushed them away and went forward.

"Hat!" (Go away!) Shraddha irritatedly elbowed Siddhant, who held his own cup of dark coffee

"Subah hone se pehle uthna bekaar raha. Dekho iss so-called beauty ko" (Waking up before morning was useless. Just look at this so-called beauty) Siddhant sighed dramatically and sipped his coffee.

"Chhod naa night owl ko, isse laga tha ki beauty kaa matlab ladkiyaan aayenge" (Leave this night owl, he thought beauty meant there would be girls) Myra teased him

As silence fills the place, Shraddha gets nervous, which didn't go unnoticed by Myra.

She silently pulled her to the side of the road without the knowledge of the others.

"Kya hai di?" (What's the matter, sister?) Shraddha jerked herself away from Myra.

Myra rolled her eyes and stared at Shraddha, before finally asking, "Are you nervous?"

Shraddha looked down, unable to answer her question

She finally nodded, and looked up at Myra, "What if I..."

But Myra cut her off, "Chimni, you trusted me, that's why you told me everything. Now, trust me one last time, I'll not let another heartbreak befall you"

Shraddha nodded and hugged Myra, and the latter caressed her hair.

Suddenly, an idea appeared in Myra's mind and she broke the hug and smiled at a confused Shraddha.

"Wait a minute" Saying this, Myra goes into a nearby store at the side and after few moments, comes back with a magenta pink diary.

Shraddha raises her eyebrow.

"Got an idea for my first book!" Myra excitedly tells and pulls her back to the cab to find Shakti, Shivangi, and Siddhant waiting for them with the packed box of breakfast.

Myra was an aspiring actress and had signed her first film, Housefull 2, which would be released after few months. But she was also very good at writing and had decided to write her first book with a special plot.

After breakfast, Myra sneaked into the empty cab and dialed a number on her phone, which was picked under 2 rings.

"My!? What a pleasant surprise!" An excited voice squealed from the other side

"Sam! Kya haal hai yaar?" (Sam! What's up yaar?) Myra replied with equal excitement in her voice

"Arre tu pehle yeh bata ki saalon ke baad call kyu kiya?" (First you tell the reason for calling me after ages?) She frowned dramatically making Myra chuckle at her ever so melo-dramatic bestie.

"Ahhh... Tu keh rahi thi naa, ki mujhe ek book likhna chahiye, maine aakhir kaar uske liye ek plot aur title soch hee liya" (Ahhh... You were suggesting me to write a book no, I got a plot and title for it) Myra smirked as she opened the first page of the diary and grabbed her pen.

"Really!? Tell me the name of it naa!"

Myra smiled as she wrote and read it, "Varun Ki Dulhania" (The Bride of Varun)

Hey!

What's up?

Did you like the chapter?

Comment down and do vote

Meet you in the next update

Till then,

Signing off,

Mrs. Shraddha Kapoor Dhawan