c h a p t e r 2

7:30 a.m

15 January 2012

Myra took off her sunglasses to watch the sun shining brightly, making her cover her eyes with her right hand.

They had finally reached Goa, where the wedding was to be held about a month later.

"Mom, Dad, was it really necessary ki shaam ke 6 baje ki party ke liye aur less than 3 ghante ki journey ke liye hame subah 3:30 pe uthke aana pada" (Mom, dad, was it really necessary that we had yo wake up at 3:30 am and have a journey of 3 hours for a party being held at 6 pm?) Myra rolled her eyes, making Shivangi glare at her, while Siddhanth smirked at his sister's 'insult'.

All of them were standing out of the cab, except Shraddha, who was frozen in her seat.

"Chimni, come!" Shivangi said as she stared at her unexcited daughter.

Myra was the only one who knew the reason for her stillness and defended her, "Mom, Dad aur bhai, tum log jao. Hum dono aate hain" (Mom, dad and brother, go, we'll come)

The three looked at each other and then shrugged, but nodded and went into the hotel.

After making sure that they are too far to hear them, Myra looked back at Shraddha, "Phir se chinta kar rahi ho tum?" (You are worrying again?)

Shraddha looked up at her helplessly, "My heart's beating really fast, Di. I don't know why"

Myra exhaled slowly, "It's because you still love him and your heart wants to be with him as soon as it can"

Although Shraddha would disagree if Myra actually spoke the words, the latter's words had truth in them. Could anyone really forget their first love easily? At least not someone as conflicted as Shraddha can.

"See, don't think about it more. It will just tense you. And by the way, Psychology tumne padhi hai, maine nahi jo main khud ek psychologist ko samjha rahi hun" (You are the one who studied Psychology, not me that I have to convince someone who is a Psychologist herself) Myra chuckled teasingly as she ended, making Shraddha glare at her.

Shraddha always had a passion for acting, even though she was still not ready to accept it. But she battled herself and chose Psychology over Acting and had completed her degree in it. Myra, till today, persuades her to take up acting, but in vain. Because even though Shraddha may be mentally weak after the incident that changed her life, but the same event led her to be more stubborn.

"Chalo ab. Baatein bohot kar li" (Come now. Had a long talk already) Myra puts her hand on Shraddha's shoulder and they walk into the hotel.

They checked in the large hotel and everyone went to their respective rooms to rest, because the Dhawans, who were supposed to be staying in the same hotel to hold a welcome party for all of their Bollywood friends and their families in the evening, had arranged rooms for them until they themselves arrive at the venue in the evening.

Well, Myra was actually right. Disturbed sleep is the worst of all hells. At least when you arrive before the hosts themselves arrive.

6:00 p.m

Shraddha sighed as she looked one last time in the mirror