CHP:-9

Enjoy reading guys
                                ***

"And done. Make sure you don't lift anything heavy and after 1 week, you need to come back for checkup so that we can know the progress."

"Thank you Doctor." Shooking hands with him, we left his office making our way towards car.

"Are you alright Anika, you seem to be pale!" I asked as I opened the door for her.

"Ya , I'm fine." I decided not to push her more and walked to other side.

"Could you drop me at my office?" She asked trying to put on the seatbelt.

"Don't put pressure on your hand, let me help you." I moved closer to her, her lavender scent hit me and I could hear her taking heavy breaths, I smirked mentally and quickly tied her seatbelt.

"Thank you." I just nodded and started driving.

"Take care." She walked out of the car, I waited till she stepped inside the office before driving to old farmhouse.

...

"Khanna did he reveal anything?" I looked at the unconscious men tied up to the chair covered in blood and bruises.

"Not yet sir!"

"Hmm.."  Let's see how does he not answer .

On other side..

"Shravan are the designs ready yet?" I asked trying to keep my calm.

"Umm no mam, due to some errors, designer team had to re-design but you'll have all designs at your table by tomorrow evening." He answered looking nervous.

"Call the team that's working on Summer Collection in the meeting room now." I ordered and he hurriedly rushed out.

I wasn't the one to lose my calm easily but with Summer Week just 2 weeks away and production not yet started is just too much.

"Good afternoon everyone"

"Afternoon ma'am, good afternoon.." I nodded acknowledging their wishes.

"May I know the reason behind late submission of Summer Collection?" I wanted answers.

"Ma'am, designs were all ready but ...

"But what Shreya?"

"But..but mam we don't know how but today morning when I opened the file to submit designs to you, the folder was all blank!"

"Didn't you save them?"

"I did mam, I surely did but I don't know how it turned out to be blank."

"That's ridiculous! How can you be so irresponsible Shreya and not only you what about you Priya, Rishi, Hugo, Kevin? Didn't you guys save copy of the folder?"

"We did mam but just like Shreya mam, our folders turned out to be blank!"

"Why no one informed me about it?"

"Sorry ma'am , Sorry.."

"Get back to the work now and I want all the designs at my table by tomorrow evening. Is that clear?" Everyone nodded and went back.

"Shravan grab me a strong coffee." I walked in my cabin. I felt so frustrated, first due to my injury, gave me feeling of helplessness and second due so much work pending and on top of that preparations for Summer Week.

"Ma'am your coffee." I took a sip and closed my eyes feeling calm.

"Don't you worry mam, we will surely win this time." Shravan tried to motivate me with his words, I just smiled and dismissed him.

It's being 2 years since we are bagging second position in Summer Week which is great thing but this time , I want to win the first title.
But isn't it strange, folder having summer collection designs from all designer crew computers came out blank at the same time. I have to ask IT department to get everything check but now major focus should be on completing the drawings first.

....

"Princess, how was your day?" Dad asked engulfing me into a bear hug.

"Tiring!" I snuggled into him. Fatherly warmth is so soothing.

"Why does your body feel so warm. Sit here, let me bring thermometer." He panicked.

"I'm fine dad. Where is mumma?"

"Shh...you take rest, your mom is out for shopping."

It was tough to keep my eyes open, I felt really sleepy, I just wanted to snuggle into my blankets.

"Open your mouth and raise your tongue." I did as he said and I felt tip of thermometer below my tongue.

"Princess, you're having 104° temperature. I will call the doctor." I could hear but I had no energy to speak.

"Annie baby, princess...wake up!" I felt a hand carressing my face.

"Annie, eat something and then sleep. You have to take medicine too!" I opened my eyes with utmost difficulty and saw Bhai looking at me with worried expression.

"I'm fine Bhai. It's just a fever!"

"I know how much fine you are. I always tell you not to overwork and stress yourself but you don't listen!" He scolded.

"Papa!!" I whined.

"Arnav, princess is already sick and you are scolding her!" I giggled only to cough.

"Here have some water." With help of Bhai , I sat up and gulped down whole glass , quenching my thirst.

"Anika beta, what happened?" I saw mumma rushing.

"She has fever Mom!" Aru Bhai answered slowly making me eat food.

"Haye meri bachi, kis ki nazar lag gai hai!  Mein abhi nazar utar deti hun.." Indian mom's... aren't they cute. Mom walked back inside with bowl of salt and chilli.

"Bhai, I'm full!" I wasn't in mood to eat much.

"Last bite for me please,.." I nodded and ate morsel from his hands.

"Good girl, have this medicine now." I made a face only to receive glare from all 3 of them. I sighed knowing I don't have any option and my puppy eyes won't work wonders this time.

"Now, no one speaks.." mom ordered and grabbed salt and chillies from bowl and rotated 3 rounds from my top to bottom and walked out of my room without speaking.

"You take rest dear, and call us if you need anything." Dad said.

"No need dad, I'll be staying with Annie tonight." I smiled at his answer.

"Okay then. Good night." He kissed my forehead before walking out.

"Now you my lady, take rest and get well soon." He wrapped blanket around me making sure I don't feel cold and kissed my forehead before sleeping on other side of the bed.

"Night Bhai!"

"Good night my little princess."

..... To be continued

                                 ***

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Note:- No superstition is being encouraged. It's just for scene purpose.

      Do read, vote and comment.