Acknowledgements and Notes to Readers

This story is a work of fan fiction. It is based on the world created by J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter series, added to by my own imagination, with a healthy and generous amount of input by fellow author Jet LaBarge. Thank you Jet for allowing me to borrow some of your characters and ideas.

Select characters and magical inventions in this work are mine.

Any worlds which appear in this work (i.e. Myst), aside from the wizarding world which belongs to Ms. Rowling, are mine. All rights reserved.

I'd like to give a special shout out and a thank you to Jet, who is also serving as my beta reader for this story. Thank you, Jet.

Author's Notes to Readers:

This acknowledgement and notes section will continue to grow with the development of this story. Check back frequently to read special notes on chapters as they are posted.

Other Harry Potter fan fiction stories by this author:

Harry Potter and the Summer After the War

Harry Potter and the Winters After the War

This story, Harry Potter and the Stranded Mists of Spring is the sequel to Harry Potter and the Winters After the War. It begins two days after that novel ends. To those of you who read the first two novels in this series, I hope you enjoy it.

You can find my stories including current updates on Wattpad dot com. Harrypotterfanfiction dot com also holds my first two stories, which may be archived with that site. Mrs_Granger aka Cherie Stabell, 2021.

New Chapters:

I generally try to post one new chapter per week, often on Fridays. If you add my story to your Reading List on Wattpad, the software will notify you when a new chapter is available. Once in a great while, I will post an extra chapter during the week if I have a lot of material ready.

Special Thank You:

Thank you to Jet for tweaks and significant contributions to the following chapters:

Chapter 6 – A Question and a Quidditch Game

- The characters Bill and Donna Lionheart are owned by Jet.

Chapter 8 - Hogwarts Day

– Thanks to Jet for significantly improving a scene or two.

- Luna's random comments typically make her friends uncomfortable, and sometimes embarrass them, but they always add to a story.

Chapter 10 – Stranded Mists

- Thanks to Jet for making me explain a few things better. Hopefully this chapter makes more sense now.

Chapter 14 – Harry's Plan

- Thanks for emphasizing the need for a 'we're not in Kansas any more' moment. Much of the development of this chapter was due to Jet's early comments and influence.

Chapter 16 – A Conversation with Bill

- Thanks for significant contributions to the dialogue with the Lionhearts. Your additions always make the conversations and the chapters richer.

Chapter 17 – Specialists

- Thank you to Jet for writing the scene between Ginny and Donna in the locker room. It adds so much richness to the story!

Chapter 25 – Debriefs and Discussions

- Thank you to Jet for challenging me to make this chapter better.

Chapter 27 – Confrontations and Conversations

- Thank you to Jet for contributing the scene at Mrs. Bumble's house.

Chapter 35 - A Lookout for Harry

- I apologize for the long delay between chapters. My internet has been out for the last nine days.

Chapter 38 – Harry's Report

- Thank you to Jet for contributing significantly to Harry's conversation with Kingsley.

Chapter 46 – Monday

- Thank you to Jet for his major contributions to the scene between Hermione and Kingsley. Jet wrote the initial draft of this scene, which greatly influenced how this part of the story developed, so thanks again.

Note to Readers: I apologize profusely for the long delay / wait for the next chapter. I write as a hobby rather than as my main profession. Last May I got a new job, which takes a lot more of my time and energy than my last one did. Also, at the time I got my new job I was writing two separate novels at the same time. I realized quickly I couldn't keep up with both, so since my Dreamers series novel is closer to being finished than this one, I decided to concentrate on that until it is done, then I will return to this story. Never fear, there is more to come. It will just be a long wait. Again, I apologize to readers who enjoy my work. Sometimes real life gets in the way.