"I have an opportunity for you."

Vae's P

Vae's P.O.V.

My heart was pounding as I managed to skate to center. I was supposed to take the face off against #37 or also known as Glenn Richardson. He's been out to get me all game, checking me, shoving me, etc whenever he got the chance. I looked up to the scouts in the stadium. In the middle of the two, there was an odd looking man. 'Don't stress, you're gonna do great V' I kept telling myself as I got closer and closer to Glenn.

The score was currently 5-6, my team was loosing. The ref dropped the puck and I immediately got shoved onto the cold ice. I quickly got up and skated after Glenn. I managed to get in front of him and a lightbulb went off in my mind.

I remembered a skill that I often used in soccer. I started to jockey. I started skating backwards and waiting for the perfect moment to steal the puck. Glenn tried to go to his right but I took that as my chance to get the puck.

I got the puck and skated to the other goalie. I dodged players left and right. I was skating faster then I normally would. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a player coming for me to my right. I quickly shot the puck into the right corner of the net.

Everyone cheered as I was huddled by my teammates and congratulated. Everyone in the stadium started chanting "Carter! Carter! Carter!". I'm often called by my last name so I was used to it. I looked up and saw the scouts writing stuff down and the weird looking man in the middle shaking his head and clapping.

I got back to center and I had a plan. The ref dropped the puck and before Glenn could do anything, I knocked him down. I headed straight for his teams goal. Players kept trying to shove me down but I was going around every single one of them. I made it close to the goal when I was shoved down from behind me. I looked up and saw Glenn. I quickly got up and fought him for the puck.

"35 seconds Vae!" I heard my coach yell.

I fought harder.

"24 seconds!"

When I finally got the puck, we were near my goal. I skated faster then I ever have before. I watched as my right wing got shoved down as my left wing was shoving people down.

"15 seconds!" I faintly heard.

I neared the goal. The goalie started to come out a little bit and I took it as my chance to score. I faked right and shot left. Before I could see if it made it in, I was shoved from my right side. I heard the buzzer signaling that I managed to score while I also heard the horn telling us that the game was over. We won.

Once I got into the locker rooms, I quickly changed out of our gold and black jerseys  and showered. I made my way outside and saw my mother talking to the scouts and the strange looking man from the stands. I furrowed my eyes as I made my way over to them.