Chapter 14

"Alex, Luke's here!" Mom yells from downstairs. "I'm coming." I quickly put some mascara on and take one of my necklaces. I put it on and look in the mirror. I'm wearing a dark blue tight dress and black heels. It's Luke's and mine first date. I take my purse and take a deep breath before going down. I hear their voices coming from the living room. I open the door and he turns around. He looks so handsome. He's wearing dark blue jeans, and a white shirt. "Wow." He says and I smile. "You look gorgeous." He gets closer and looks at me. "You look handsome too." I say and he smiles.

"Let's have some ground rules." Mom says and walks up to us. "3 rules okay." She says to Luke. "No sex, no alcohol or drugs, and I want her home by eleven." "Got it. She'll be safe." He says and mom nods. "Then have fun you two." I quickly say bye to the boys and then walk out the door with Luke. He opens my door and I get into the car. He closes the door and gets in on his side. "So where are we going?" "That's a surprise." He drives away and I look around to see if I recognize anything. "We're getting close, so for this next bit you have to put a blindfold on." He says as he grabs a blindfold from his pocket. I take it and put it on. "You're putting a lot of mystery into this." I say and I hear him laugh. "Yeah well that's the fun part." He says. I patiently wait until we arrive at the place of destination.

"Keep the blindfold on okay." "Okay." He gets out of of cat and a little later I hear my door open. He takes my hand and helps me out of the car. He has one hand on my back, and he's holding my hand with the other. I have to walk a little bit and then he stops us. "Okay you can take the blindfold off." I take the blindfold off and straighten my hair a bit. I look up and my mouth drops open. "We're dining here?" I ask him and he nods. "How the heck did you even get a reservation." I say softly. "I have my resources." He says and smiles. "This place is incredibly expensive, I-" I see his nervous face and it makes me stop talking. "I love it." I say and smile. He exhales and leads us in. "Good evening you two, do you have a reservation?" The guy at the entrance says. "Yes, on the name Torres." He looks it up on his iPad and nods. "Yes I see." He smiles at us and then takes us with him. He takes us outside and we take a seat at one of the tables. I look at the stunning view of the lake. "Could I get you guys anything to drink?" "I'd like a water please." I say. "Yeah me too." Luke says and the guy walks away. "Do I want to know how you set this up?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, and I'm not going to tell you." I look at the lake. "Well the view is gorgeous." "Yeah it really is." I look at him and see him looking at me with a smile. "Smooth." I say and feel my cheeks get all warm. He chuckles and the guy brings our water.

"How's Bernie going by the way?" I ask while looking at the menu card. "He's doing okay. The wound is almost healed. We found some broken wire on their field where he must've hurt himself." "Poor boy." I say and smile a little. "Did you make a decision yet?" "No, I'm hesitating." He looks at me. "I don't know if I should take the pork or the beef." "I'd take the pork if I were you." He says and I look at the menu. "I'll think about it for a minute. What are you choosing?" "The smoked chicken I think. At page 3." I look it up. "Yeah sounds good." I say and nod. "I'm gonna go with the pork." I say and he nods. I take a sip of my water and then see Eddie in a waiter outfit coming out of the restaurant.

I choke on my water and cough it out. I get back up and Luke looks at me a bit scared. I point behind him and he looks around. Eddie walks up to us, and I can see that Luke is clearly swearing inside his head right now. "Goodevening ma'am, sir. Can I take your orders?" I try really hard not to laugh at his outfit. Luke orders and I really have to try not to burst out laughing. Eddie walks away and I lose it. "Did you see his outfit." I say while laughing.

His mad face turns into a entertained face. He chuckles and I try to stop laughing. "That was certainly worth it. Seeing him in that outfit. He looked so bad." I say and he laughs. Now I know how he got us in, but I'll just act like I don't realize it. I mean, he worked so hard to keep it a secret. "Yeah he's kinda stupid sometimes." Luke says with a little smile. I stop laughing and look at him. "Okay so, anyways." I say and he looks at me.