Chapter One

WARNING: GORE AHEAD. Skip after Italics if need be.

     There's blood. So much blood. It's on my hands, my arms, my legs... But where did it come from..? My eyes tiredly scan around me. There were so many bodies, Sasha Braus, Connie Springer, Mikasa, Armin, Hange, Levi, and so many more. Limbs were separated from bodies that were separated from heads. Blood, organs, bones, tissue. 

     I was shaking but no emotion seemed present

     I was shaking but no emotion seemed present. My brain couldn't figure out what happened. I feel a hand rest on my shoulder. "Help..." said a voice, his voice. "Please come back." 

     The hand slipped from me, leaving a warm and wet feeling as I watched his body fall and then slump beside me.

     With a jerk, my eyes open and I sit up. Jesus. That was absolutely  terrifying. As I roll out of my bed, I can feel the wetness of a cold sweat paste my shirt to my back. My feet quietly pad to my dresser and the dream starts fading. I stretch and hear Tori calling for me, the last few remnants of my nightmare slip away.

---Time Skip---

     My cellphone rings obnoxiously as I slip on my tennis shoes and call for Tori to follow suit. The caller ID says "Haylee Grice" who just so happens to be my boss. I hold the phone between my shoulders and begin tying my laces. "Hello?" I chirp.

     "Rosalie? Hey, this is Haylee," she says exasperatedly ,"Where are you?"

     My brows furrow ,"I'm at home, why?"

     Haylee sighs heavily ,"Our new scheduling manager must have screwed up again... The schedule has you working from seven to three. I'll have to call him again."

     I also sigh. Felix Smith, our newest manager, has really been getting on my nerves lately. "Well as per usual, I won't be there for another half hour. I'm about to take Tori to daycare, but you know that I can't walk to the store in-" I check my watch "- negative twenty minutes."

    Haylee laughs ,"I know, I know. I'll see you in a bit."

     "Yup," I reply and hang up.

     I finish tying them and call for Tori for what feels like the trillionth time ,"Babes! Let's go! Scoot your boot!"

     She doesn't answer which is unusual. A weird feeling settles in the air around me but I choose to ignore it. Tori is such a scatterbrain sometimes- I think she got that from me. My feet began walking towards her bedroom. I know she's fine, but something is telling me to run to her. An insistent voice in the back of my mind is screaming at me.

     I finally reach her door. My hand reaches for her doorknob but I freeze. She's talking to someone.

     "That's crazy!" Her little voice giggles ,"I thought mommy couldn't see you!" There is a pause as if someone is responding to her. "You're so silly, my mommy never, ever kissed nobody! Only me." Another pause. "Mommies do not kiss daddies! Ew!"

     My muscles finally give and I swing her door open. "Tori, sweetheart? Are you ready for daycare?" It's just as I suspected- no one is in here except her.

     She jumps ,"O-oh, yes, mommy!" 

     I glance around her room once more before slowly walking out and leave the door open. Sometimes her fake conversations seem so... real.

     She begins speaking again in a failed whisper as I stiffly go to the front door. "Will it work if you hold my hand?" A pause ,"I am not yucky! Daddies do hold hands!"

     I am less anxious and more sad at her new conversation. Has she made herself an imaginary dad-friend? My heart drops. Am I a failure? Am I enough for her..?

     Enough, Rosalie, I scold myself, You're a good mother. 

     I grab my jacket from its hook by the door and finally hear Tori's little feet padding toward me. My hand reaches to get her jacket as well but pauses when she says ,"Mommy! Mommy look!"

     I slowly turn my head to face her ,"What is it, Tori? We have to get go..." My voice trails.

     She is smiling to the air beside her like she smiles at me- full of love and trust. This is weird, even for her. "Tori, sweetie, what's up?"

     Time seems to slow. Her little hand reaches up. The air in my home becomes charged with electricity.

     Tori's hair is standing on end as her blue eyes begin to glow

     Tori's hair is standing on end as her blue eyes begin to glow. My whole body is tingling. The higher Tori's hand goes, the worse it gets. Suddenly, something starts appearing near her hand.

     I can't move but I hear my voice weakly call to her ,"Hist-" Suddenly the room is filled with a bright light. My eyes force themselves shut. I blink for what seems to be an eternity. As they open, I inhale sharply.

     Long brown hair pulled back into a bun. Beautiful sea green eyes. A crooked smile...

     "Surprise!" Tori shouts gleefully, her hair slowly drifting back down to her shoulders.

     My jaw is slack and all I can do is blink. From my head to my toes, electricity still crackles. 

     It's... Him.

     He hesitantly turns his head to me. "Ro..?" He asks timidly. I watch as he slowly turns his body towards me as if he's afraid he'll scare me.

     My legs begin to shake ,"You..? But how..?"

     His begins jumping up and down, eyes light up in excitement ,"Yes! Yes! We did it!" He picks up Tori who laughs gleefully ,"It worked! Holy shit, it worked!" He sets Tori back onto the ground and turns to me with a large grin. "Rosalie, it's me. I finally found a way to get to you!"

     "There-There's no way..." I whisper. 

     "Eren?"

     "Eren?"