The Devious Plot And Thief's Chance at Friendship

Ethan walks through the forest in front of village gates cautiously. It looks as if he's stopped in a very specific clearing, waiting. Suddenly a girl with long braided and flowered hair struts out into the clearing. She's dressed in a basic tunic, pants, and boots. Although she doesn't look like a regular villager, her skin had a pattern reminiscent of a fawn's first coat.

?: "Great timing Hun."

Et: "What can I say? I know when I'm needed, sweetheart."

She laughs at the small remark before sitting on a stump in front of the elf.

?: "Sure Ethan, I'm glad you at least know something~."

Et: "Oh I definitely know a few things, liiiiiike-"

He pauses for a moment looking around before smirking her in direction.

Et: "That the plan you're trying to enact is going to be a bust."

?: "You can't be too sure about that-"

Et: "Oh really Fionna? I'm 100% sure that asking the 'pacifist' to supply us to kill, let alone knowing who we're going to kill."

F: "I- He won't be like that love. I know him better than that."

She crosses her arms and thinks for a few moments as Ethan walks over to her. She looks up at him smiling at her.

F: "What are you thinking, Ethan?"

Et: "Oooooooh nothing~. Just that maybe if we want to get our weapons, we should just not tell him we're killing someone."

F: "Like we're going to hunt game?"

Et: "Bingo! Nice thinking, sweet cheeks~."

F: "Hush. But that isn't a bad idea... Like a test for him. But...what if he actually is on board with it? We would have another ally on top of him being a skilled blacksmith."

Et: "Fineeeeeee. We'll test him, but if he fails, we take his weapons with a lie.

Fionna nods in agreement as she gets up. She kisses his cheek gently before leading the way into the village. Ethan follows quickly behind as he fixes his cloak around his shoulders. They stop and look at each other before making their way down the road to the blacksmith's hut. Meanwhile, at the back of the village, Eliza and Ezekyael have paused near an alley to catch their breath. They clearly look worse than when they first set off on their little adventure. They look at one another for a bit before laughing.

E: "We look absolutely awful!"

El: "I know! Man, Cobalt is going to have my head for putting you in harms way."

E: "No he won't, if anything he'll yell at me for letting you get hurt."

She laughed softly before their conversation is interrupted by the yelling of two men in the streets.

El: "Hold on a minute E, I'll be back in a moment."

E: "Be careful."

There's a quick nod in response before Eliza makes her way towards the yelling men. She observes the two men quietly as the scene continues. One seems to be a regular shopkeeper, the other also seems just as a peaceful villager. However, there's a distinct black scar on his face that looks almost purposely rigid. It's not the king's old signature branding for thieves, although it seems to be seen as the same to this shopkeeper.