The fight

We both stood there awkwardly staring at eachother. Then I had flashbacks. When I was unhappy. The unhappy little girl. When smiles didnt come so easily. I knew. I knew now.

"I love you!" I collapsed into tears. She held her arms around my waist. "I'm so sorry" I said drying my eyes. "You're probably disgusted by now. You can leave if you want to".

She looked at me confused. "Oh". She said. 'Oh' was all she had to say?! "I thought you knew I was gay". Ah, there it is. Then I heard yelling and screaming coming from downstairs. I heard stuff being thrown. Swearing. Slapping. Chris held my hand. I was scared.

RIKERS POV

me and Ross were sitting on the couch. He looked over at me and giggled. "Stop!" I said sternly. He looked at me confused. "Stop being so damn adorable!" I said. He giggled again. But I stopped him by pressing my lips against his. When I was kissing him, the world went away. I couldn't tell time. He tasted like a sugary strawberry.

We were probably kissing for about 10 minutes. Like I said I can't tell time when I'm kissing him. I just never wanted to pull away. Then it happened. We didnt want to tell anybody but I guess we have to now. Rocky walked in on us.

"Oh. My. Gosh" he said. "You guys are gross!" "Rocky, let me explain" I said moving towards him. "Get away from me you creep!" He yelled. "Hey! Don't call him that!" Ross piped up. "Shut it dumb blonde!" "What did you say?" I curled my fist into a ball.

"You don't have the guts to punch me. I'm your younger brother" rocky said. "You're right" I said before slapping him across the face. Then dad came in. Uh oh. "Dad! Riker and Ross were making out!" He said while holding his cheek. "What the hell do you think your doing?!" Dad yelled.

"He was calling us names and-" I got cut off by his palm slapping my cheek. Hard. Ross stood in front of me after that. "Get out of the way. No son of mine is gonna be gay!" He slapped Ross.

Then he threw the nearest object at my stomach. Which happened to be a lamp. I curled up in a ball on the floor. By now mom and Rydel were out in the living room and were furious. Mom picked me off the floor and slapped dad across the face. Rydel went with Ross.

Mom pulled me to the door and motioned for me to get my shoes on. Quick. Before somebody else gets hurt. Mom ran upstairs. And since dad was angry, she was risking her life. Just to get Riley. I saw Ryland in tears on the ground. Poor him. I knew he loved our family so much.

RILEY'S POV

"Riley, Chris, we're leaving. Get your shoes on quick. I'll explain later" she said. I grabbed Chris's hand and we bolted downstairs and got our shoes on. I saw dad in a fit of rage. When dad got angry, it was very dangerous to be around him. So I avoided him. I saw Ryland on the floor in tears and Rocky trying to comfort him. I saw shards of glass everywhere in the living room.

"Ryland, you coming?" Mom asked. "Leave!" He yelled angrily. We hurried and got to the car with Rydel, Ell, mom, Riker and Ross. It was really dark outside. Probably because it was nearing 11:00. "Mom where are we going?" I asked. "I don't know sweetie".

We drove around trying to find a hotel all night. I really was gonna miss dad, Rocky and Ryland. Mom explained to me what happened in the car. Until we heard a scream.

"Mom, hospital!" Rydel yelled.