Chapter One Bitches

Anne POV:

It was a normal Saturday morning. Emily was sleeping in her bedroom like always and my husband was going off to visit his mistress.

I was informed by Emily two months after she moved in that he had been cheating on me. It's been 2 years since Emily moved in now.

I couldn't leave him. I could never afford to live in a house like this without him. Hell I could never even hope to own a house without him. This is all for Emily, once she became independent I can finally leave him.

It was an hour after he left when Emily came downstairs and started making a bowl of cereal for herself. I didn't realize it, but she was making me coffee as well.

"Here, you haven't been sleeping at night have you?" Emily asked me while handing me a fresh cup of coffee.

"It's hard...you know? Knowing that the man you promised your life to when you were only 19 has been cheating on you for as long as God knows." I replied getting irritated

"Yeah I get it. You and mum weren't that different you know...she ran off with my dad at age 15 and got pregnant and the man bailed on her."

I sighed remembering how happy Lucy was when Lucas promised her a life over seas where they could be together forever. Oh how I wish I could see that happy smile again.

"You know....I don't think I'd have a problem staying here after I'm 18....if you wanted some company once y'all....you know..." Emily said glumly

"You know I could never hold you back like that dear. Your at the top of your class you can go to any college you want." I said back

"I DONT WANT TO GO TO A DAMN COLLEGE! AT LEAST NOT WHILE YOUR ALL ALONE LIKE THIS!" Emily screamed

"Emily please." I sighed, but before I could finish she rushed to her bedroom.