Chapter 2: The Manor

Sonic's tired eyes looked at the clock on his phone that read "1:30 a.m." Sonic gasped to himself, he didn't know he'd been driving for so long. His eyelids begin to feel heavy and he can barely focus on the road. It's not long before everything in front of him seems to be merging together. He sees a figure standing in the middle of the road, and in his tired state, panicked, he swerves out of the way and hits a nearby tree. Everything went black for what felt like a moment. Sonic remembers opening his eyes and seeing the broken window of his 2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT. And through the shattered remains he sees a tall rotund figure in the darkness. The sight makes him quickly pass out again.

When he wakes up, for the second time, he sees two women standing above him. One appears to be wearing a straw hat and the other in an old timey nurses outfit. They're discussing whether or not the hedgehog is alive. The nurse looks over and gasps at the sight of the green eyes staring at them.

"Oh my! It appears that he has woken up!" The nurse says, shocked, "Are you alright? You were out for quite a while..."

"Where's my phone?!... Oh no! my 2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT!!"

The doctor looked perplexed, "2015 Colorado... what?"

The girl with the straw hat looked at the doctor and said, "He must be in a state of shock! Poor thing."

Sonic looked around the room he was in and took in the royal and intricate design of the building he was in. It looked like he was in an infirmary. But, it didn't look like a normal infirmary, it was huge and looked so expensive... was he in the manor?

"Where am I?" Sonic asked the two women in front of him.

"Why, you're in the Oletus manor." The doctor answered.

"Oh, great! I was invited here! Someone called "The Host" said that my missing little brother, Tails, was here," Sonic said happily "Have you seen him?"

"Hmmm," the girl with the hat said with her chin resting on her hand thoughtfully. "I don't think I've heard of anyone named Tails in this manor."

"He's a small orange and white fox with two tails. Are you sure you haven't seen him?" Sonic asked again.

"No, trust us, we are well acquainted with everyone in this manor. I'm very sorry." The doctor answered with sympathy in her voice.

"Unless he's hiding somewhere... Oh! I almost forgot, my name is Emma Woods, you can just call me Emma. I'm a gardener, nice to meet you!" The girl with the hat, who is now known as Emma, says cheerfully.

"Oh how rude of me, my name is Sonic, Sonic Fastman Hedgehog. It's nice to meet you, Emma." He says with a wink.

"You can just call me Dr. Dyers." The doctor says with a slight confused look on her face.

"How can a young lady like you be a doctor?" Sonic says with a slight flirtatious tone in his voice.

"I'm in my thirties." Dr. Dyers says unamused.

Just then Sonic felt a shooting pain go through his head. He lifted his hand to his head and hissed.

"Oh dear, it must be your concussion. Try to take it easy for a while, we don't know what happened to you but you look pretty beat up. Emma found you by the entrance unconscious." The doctor told him while handing him an ice pack.

"Yeah, what happened to you?" The gardener asked Sonic.

"I was driving in my red 2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT to the manor and saw a figure in the road, I panicked and swerved off of the road wrecking my 2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT." Sonic explained.

"Y-Your what? What in God's name is a 2015 Chevor-aye Colorado el tea??" The doctor asked Sonic.

"It's a car... you know, an automobile by the brand Chevrolet?... Made in 2015."

The gardener and the doctor looked at Sonic like he had two heads.

"How could you manage to afford one of those fancy automobiles?" Emma asked Sonic innocently.

"Huh? What year is it?" Sonic asked the two women.

"Oh well it's 1902... No, no it's um.. 1904? Oh my, I've been here so long I can't quite remember..." Emma said while rubbing her head.

"What do you mean you've been here so long? Can you not leave?"

"Do you not know? Once you enter you cannot leave until the game is over..."

"Wha-" Sonic Sputtered out.

How can this be? Did I forget to read a part of the letter? What does this all mean? Will I be trapped here forever? Will I ever find my missing little brother, Tails. Is my missing little brother, Tails, even here?

Just then a man with brown hair and a white button up shirt walked through the door behind the two women and announced with an annoyed tone in his voice,

"The Host left a letter, he wants us to show the new survivor his room and teach him about the game."